Players You Like: LB

LETSGOBROWNIES

Noah Sewell: I like him for the same reasons I like Mazi Smith, he fixes a need.  He’s a big, 2 down run stuffing, between the tackles LB with limited passing down upside.  And that’s ok, we need a couple guys to play interior run defense on the first and second levels.

Owen Pappoe: I’m buying the traits here, there are only so many dudes who can run a sub 4.4 and put up 29 reps. 

Henry To’oTo’o: I really like his game and how he projects a lot.  Undersized, sure, but he’s exactly what a lot of teams want in a modern LB. Instinctive, fast, productive. It says a lot imo he transferred to Alabama and was as productive as he was immediately. Saban obvious runs a great program and his backers can usually play some football.

Ivan Pace: My later round guy, he’s a baller.  Short as hell, but stocky.  Drops bombs in the run game, very instinctive but is also a 2 down player at this point. He’s a guy who gets lost in the mix a bit the further you get from football season when people (like me) are obsessed over traits, but he’s a damned good football player.

• Like 1

Love Sewell, he's my LB#2 in this class. Elite production, good size and strength, willing and sure tackler, and worst case scenario a nice 2 down thumper. I think he has good instincts and will play faster than he tested.

I low key don't see it with Too Too at all.

Jack Campbell is my LB#1 but I think he's long gone.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Jack Campbell is my LB#1 but I think he's long gone.

yeah, that’s why I didn’t include him.  I think some team snags him between 25-50.  He doesn’t look like the next Ray Lewis or whatever, but he does look like a guy you plug in at LB and he plays some decent to good football for like 8-10 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah, that’s why I didn’t include him.  I think some team snags him between 25-50.  He doesn’t look like the next Ray Lewis or whatever, but he does look like a guy you plug in at LB and he plays some decent to good football for like 8-10 years.

Shades of Chad Greenway. Good size, super athletic, Iowa linebacker. Quality starter for 8-10 years, can do it all. Not necessarily an all pro guy, but you'll be happy to have him anchoring your Front 7.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Shades of Chad Greenway. Good size, super athletic, Iowa linebacker. Quality starter for 8-10 years, can do it all. Not necessarily an all pro guy, but you'll be happy to have him anchoring your Front 7.

This reads like a PC way of saying “pretty good linebacker for a white guy” lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This reads like a PC way of saying “pretty good linebacker for a white guy” lol 

In the modern era, I think Brian Urlacher, Zach Thomas, Kevin Greene, and Chris Spielman would put that misnomer to rest. :)