Players You Like: CB

LETSGOBROWNIES

I’m gonna need at least 12 names per person here as AB is gonna draft at least 6 of these guys I believe.

I think you’ll notice a trend here with guys I like.  I’m drafting dudes who can play press man and letting them learn the nuances of zone as they develop.  I generally feel like you can teach zone, but press is something you either have the physical traits and ability to do or you don’t.

KBK: Lots or love here.  Not sure he makes it to us, but this is a great class and it’s not inconceivable he slips.

Keidron Smith: Similar in some ways to Emerson in that he’s a bigger, very experienced CB from a smaller SEC school.

Tyrique Stevenson: Ideal H/W/S and has improved his play each season after transferring to Miami.  He’s absolutely a project, but we’re talking about a guy who would be our 4th-5th corner in 2023.  

Jaylon Jones: A big corner with tons of explosiveness and quickness, but questionable long speed.  Former 5* recruit and is just 20 iirc to pair with 3 years of experience. Another dude who needs some time to develop, but that’s something we can offer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

@MWil23 who are our R3/R2 trade up options here.

Okay here's my mock draft:

TRADE

Greg Newsome II to the Detroit Lions 

FOR

Pick 2.17 (55)

Pick 3.18 (81)

At Pick 2.17, the Cleveland Browns select:

Cam Smith, CB South Carolina

At Pick 74, the Browns trade back to get a 4th and a 2023 3rd.

At Pick 3.18 (81), the Browns select:

Tyrique Stevenson, CB Miami. Yes, he goes about 40 picks too early, but Berry says "Trust me, I know CBs".

Good news! At pick 190, we will draft a DT in our pick immediately after we draft a LB in the 5th at 144 overall.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As much as we’ve joked about it, there are dumber things a Gm can do that double dip at CB in this class.

Needs come and go, just get the talent.

I'm firmly in the BPA camp with this class as a whole, which I'm pretty "meh" on. CB, C, and TE are the clear strengths of the class and beyond that, I think it's all sorts of "yuck" throughout.

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Okay here's my mock draft:

TRADE

Greg Newsome II to the Detroit Lions 

FOR

Pick 2.17 (55)

Pick 3.18 (81)

At Pick 2.17, the Cleveland Browns select:

Cam Smith, CB South Carolina

At Pick 74, the Browns trade back to get a 4th and a 2023 3rd.

At Pick 3.18 (81), the Browns select:

Tyrique Stevenson, CB Miami. Yes, he goes about 40 picks too early, but Berry says "Trust me, I know CBs".

Good news! At pick 190, we will draft a DT in our pick immediately after we draft a LB in the 5th at 144 overall.

LB and DT taken by the Browns rounds 5 & 6 - Berry : “We really wanted to address those positions, and we think we did that.”

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

"We felt like with some injuries that we've had at the CB position the last few years that it's important to keep at least 8 on the roster, all of which we expect to contribute at some point."

Revolutionary War mentality. When the first line falls, you need somebody to step up to the next line and take their place.

Who needs depth on the defensive line? Those CBs are the real men taking a beating.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2