Are you smarter than Paton/Payton? v.2023

broncosfan_101

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Sure, just you get to use hindsight there, too, that's all.   If the point was not using hindsight, then unavoidable to not be using some hindsight.

But for the sake of making the deals, the only guy I'd have even considered to move up for 2.68 was Hendin Hooker - again, because I saw 2-3 WR's still left and no OL that were worth it to move up for (Sanders was a fantastic choice).   Obv DET probably would have just taken Hooker at 2.68 if DEN didn't want to move up, though, so I can't use hindsight to not take the trade and say Hooker.

There's just no way I'd want to trade any 2024 day 2 draft capital to move up in 2023, though.   I don't think that's a position that needed hindsight on who's left to justify.   It doesn't even factor in who's going to still be left at your original spot to commit there, the gap isn't wide enough IMO to start cannibalizing future valuable draft assets (Rd5+, sure, they're dart throws, but Day 2 picks?   Bridge too far) in a roster that needs to get more cheap talent by next year as a priority - that was my earlier point, apologies if I wasn't clear on that. 

The Riley Moss trade was definitely not a good one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

So much hindsight with the “no trade up” knowing who will be available after the fact

Let the record show that in the draft thread, I had literally JUST said how stupid it would be to trade up when Sean Payton’s music hit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Trade ups are made not knowing who is on the board and going to get your guy. It’s easy to say stay back and don’t trade up when you know Ade Ade will be there at 67 or 108 in your “mock”… I’d like to see what people would do with each move that was made. 

Also, as someone who was tracking it in real time, I actually like how the real rounds 5-7 worked out better than my own. If I would’ve known Forsyth was gonna be there where we got him, I wouldn’t have taken Wypler in the 5th. I’d rather have Skinner and Forsyth over who I ended up with in Wypler and Tucker, so kudos to the Pa(y)tons.

• Like 2

Just now, Scoundrel said:

That one was for sure worse. Gave the Seahawks Earl Thomas 

No, took him away from US...and Smith NEVER panned into anything....one of McDumass's worst moves (hope he makes that type of move for the Raiders)