Eagles27

Seattle Mariners Thread

Back to a game within .500. Should be interesting to see what approach Dipoto takes to the trade deadline. 

Pretty disappointed with the trades. Feel like we could've gone after Shark and a BP arm from the Giants for O'Neill and Hernandez, instead we got lower tier players. Cooling a lot on Haniger with his play of late. 

17 minutes ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Pretty disappointed with the trades. Feel like we could've gone after Shark and a BP arm from the Giants for O'Neill and Hernandez, instead we got lower tier players. Cooling a lot on Haniger with his play of late. 

Agreed

Definitely feel that at the very least O'Neil should have been flipped for a higher upside prospect. 

19 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Agreed

Definitely feel that at the very least O'Neil should have been flipped for a higher upside prospect. 

I can see the "He's coming back from TJS, he'll return to his top 75 ranking form," but he really hasn't proven he can be effective yet. We'll see what Marco does next year, but I think we should've just stood pat

23 minutes ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

I can see the "He's coming back from TJS, he'll return to his top 75 ranking form," but he really hasn't proven he can be effective yet. We'll see what Marco does next year, but I think we should've just stood pat

Yeah, don't see why this move had to be made now if Gonzales is just going to Tacoma anyway.

BTW... so @Viewsfromthe206 is already here on the new forum and since I can mention @Mesa_Titan I guess all 3 of us can post here now. 

Yep I'm here. Still fuming pretty bad about that trade. So upsetting to lose O'Neill for that. Dipoto is making some really bad decisions lately.

14 minutes ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Nick Neidert with a decent AA debut. 5 IP, 4 H, 2 R, BB, 4 SO. Both runs were allowed in the first. 2 WP as well. 

Added another walk and .1 IP

Kyle Lewis homered again. Glad to see he's recovered well from the awful knee injury. If he keeps it up, I'd say he's a near untouchable. 

He added another one later on. 

Edited by Viewsfromthe206

^yep, 2 homers for Lewis yesterday. Definitely agree that he's just about untouchable in any deal we would realistically make. 

With Iwakuma probably not going to reach the innings needed for his option to vest, and the money we should save by dumping Gallardo and Smyly we should have plenty of money to go out and spend on pitching. That's 28+ million we hopefully throw at Yu Darvish. 

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Guys. James Paxton is really freakin good.

Yeah, a bit of a rough patch in June, but he's been dominant when healthy otherwise.