Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

23 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Seems like a really good year to have a bunch of picks late in the first round. Lots of guys I’m intrigued by. #22, #29, and #30. Restock the farm. 

Yep, I've read that those picks are more like picks in the 15-18 range in the last few drafts. Could get a nice college arm or HS bat. 

Plus Celesten signs in 10 days. 

2 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

Yep, I've read that those picks are more like picks in the 15-18 range in the last few drafts. Could get a nice college arm or HS bat. 

Plus Celesten signs in 10 days. 

Celesten is just some real nice icing on the cake. Dipoto has done a great job here. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Kelenic looking good in ST apparently. Not counting on him for anything, but if he can even put up a 100+ wRC+ that would be a huge addition to the lineup. 

Yeah, not believing anything until it happens in the regular season. However, true potential JK takes this team to a whole new level.

9 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Has Kelenic ever produced in ST? Looking for any reason to believe this could be real. 😄

No, not really. Last year he was 9/34 with 3 homers and 9 K's.

EDIT: Well, he actually was pretty good in 2021. .300/.440/.700

Only 20 AB's tho. I don't care what he does here. Need to see it in regular season games.

Edited by Mesa_Titan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I doubt it happens, but I wish they would get rid of Marco and just let Flexen take his starts. He’s better. 

Yeah, that would be the best path. With Flexen on his last year we could dump him if Miller/Hancock forced their way into the rotation too. 

Unfortunate that they signed Marco to that terrible deal.