Training Camp News and Notes

Sllim Pickens

• 3 weeks later...

Jarrad Davis is already the starting MLB, has been a vocal leader, and is apparently playing very well.

Tabor apparently has looked good when covering TY Hilton. Had some struggles earlier in camp.

Golladay has looked advanced for a 3rd rounder, easily the 3rd WR on the team. Potential in the redzone.

Roberts is behind Fells at the moment, though that apparently has more to do with Fells playing better than expected.

Reeves-Maybin has apparently looked good on special teams, working as a backup on defense. No reports about him not looking healthy, so he should be fine health-wise.

Agnew has looked good as a returner (likely to be the punt returner) but hasn't been impressive in coverage at CB. Needs to develop there, but should have a spot on the team with his contributions on special teams.

Kaaya apparently hasn't been as good as Rudock, so he might spend the year on the practice squad as the 3rd QB

Haven't seen much on Ledbetter, probably still stuck behind some of the vets as he makes the transition to DT full time (for now). Could potentially be put onto the practice squad, although he is still in competition with guys like Jordan Hill to make the back end of the roster.

O'Connor hasn't created much attention for himself, working with the backups and has yet to stand out there. Probably ends up on the practice squad barring a great pre-season.

I want to see some young defensive players step up. A'Shawn Robinson, Anthony Zettel, Jarrad Davis, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Teez Tabor, Miles Killebrew, Alex Carter.... show me what we are building defensively. 

I also want to see our run game. We spent alot on the right side of our OL, Darren Fells and Ameer should be healthy. Let's get some ground yardage. 

Archived