Round 4 Pick 111 Dawand Jones

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Would have preferred a developmental LT than RT. But if he can take over for Conklin in a year or two, then obviously he'll prove to be a good pick.

I mean.. maybe he can play the left side?

he may be fat af, but he doesn’t actually get beat in the pass game.  Orlando Brown Jr-like

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean.. maybe he can play the left side?

he may be fat af, but he doesn’t actually get beat in the pass game.  Orlando Brown Jr-like

If he can, then home run pick. Why did he fall?

13 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

These giant dudes tend to have short and oft-injured careers. That’s about the only reason, because he’s a 1st round talent for sure. 

Think he can play LT or is he strictly a RT?

Just now, DawgX said:

Think he can play LT or is he strictly a RT?

Either. I think LT/RT is kind of a myth. Jones is awesome in pass pro because you can only really get him consistently with pure speed rushes & his pass set angles take that away because he has quick feet somehow. That, and any punch to your shoulder and the rep is over for you. That translates to either side.

He is gonna be really good assuming he stays healthy. Would have loved the pick in the 1st round for someone. I had a higher grade on him than I did on Darnell Wright, who went in the top 10. He just has medical red flags for possible projected injury issues given his size. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Either. I think LT/RT is kind of a myth. Jones is awesome in pass pro because you can only really get him consistently with pure speed rushes & his pass set angles take that away because he has quick feet somehow. That, and any punch to your shoulder and the rep is over for you. That translates to either side.

He is gonna be really good assuming he stays healthy. Would have loved the pick in the 1st round for someone. I had a higher grade on him than I did on Darnell Wright, who went in the top 10. He just has medical red flags for possible projected injury issues given his size. 

Thank you for the feedback. So is this your favorite pick?