7.256- Grant DuBose [WR; Charlotte ]

Packerraymond

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Then perhaps you shouldn't make the definitive comment his route was "better" than the UDFA route. Like Ray said, "it depends".

It depends but the low number of udfa guys getting large bonuses would seem to be the exception that proves the rule. I believe it’s becoming more common but the vast majority of those undrafted guys are on a standard non guaranteed, low bonus contract. As for making the 53, seems like you have at least the tiebreaker if you were drafted so there is some advantage there. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

Charlotte v Rice is some tape that is shockingly hard to get, so I never saw that first catch until tonight. Might be the best catch I saw for a draft prospect this season. Just insane grip strength, body control and eye coordination. Legit NFL catch too, you see some insane one footers (JSN has a few) but that's a big league catch right there.

• 5 weeks later...

I know this is nothing to be concerned about yet, but I see that Dubose has yet to practice at OTA's because of an undisclosed injury. He worked out for the pre-draft process so I'm guessing it is something new, hopefully nothing serious because he probably can't afford to lose too much ground in his battle for a roster spot. 

Might he start training camp on the PUP, hopefully that is not the case.   

13 hours ago, R T said:

I know this is nothing to be concerned about yet, but I see that Dubose has yet to practice at OTA's because of an undisclosed injury. He worked out for the pre-draft process so I'm guessing it is something new, hopefully nothing serious because he probably can't afford to lose too much ground in his battle for a roster spot. 

Might he start training camp on the PUP, hopefully that is not the case.   

Or a “red shirt” year could help him get up to NFL speed. Who knows but that will be a competitive room. He said he was held out for precautionary reason like it was not something major. We’ll see when camp rolls around.