2023 draft- stolen players

minutemancl

26 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

every 1st round WR before the Giants, lol. They wanted Flowers per reporting but were content with Addison; and both went in front of them.

That was the initial report, but the Giants writer that reported it has since walked it back and it has been debunked a bit by other writers.

The original by Dan was tweeted, then Jordan Ranaan's sources said that the Giants were actually trying to move up into the teens for Banks, then Dan posted his follow up. All the while, Charlie Campbell reports that the Giants were trying to move up into the teens for Jack Campbell (which I haven't seen reported anywhere else and I very much doubt).

However, we know from an interview with Brandon Beane that the Giants were content to move down to 27 with the Bills until picks 20-22 happened and then they let him know they'd actually be moving up to 24.

https://twitter.com/MadDogRadio/status/1653102224988405766?s=20

I don't think we can say for sure we know what the Giants were actually doing in round 1. Lots of conflicting information. By all accounts though, they wanted Banks pretty badly and got him, so I don't think they get stolen from in round 1.