Rd7P241 Steelers CB Cory Trice 6'3 203 4.47

armsteeld

2 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

Well, according to Purdue, he played in 11 games his 'red shirt' rookie season, even if he only started 5.  He played all 6 of their COVID year season in 2020, and played 2 games, until he injured his knee, his Jr year, but then played/started all 13 his Senior year, so in actuality, he was only unavailable to play those 11 games his Junior year, but played 11 of 12 games, or very close to full season his Red Shirt year, played all 6 games the COVID year, and of course, the full season his senior year.  

All that adds up to being fairly healthy, overall, IMO...

I think you are mistaking his 2nd freshman year as his redshirt year.  He played in 1 game as a true freshman (redshirt) then played in the 8,6,2 for the next 3 years and 13 games as a senior.

16 hours ago, jebrick said:

I think you are mistaking his 2nd freshman year as his redshirt year.  He played in 1 game as a true freshman (redshirt) then played in the 8,6,2 for the next 3 years and 13 games as a senior.

Maybe I used the 'Red Shirt year' term incorrectly, but the point is, he was available/played in 34 games...The important piece, however, is that he was healthy, started, and played in 13 games his final season in 2022

2018 - Played 3 games as a reserve (Red Shirt??)

2019 - Played 11 Games out of 12 possible, started 5  (Red Shirt Freshman???  Do I have this incorrect?)

2020 - Started all 6 games of 6 games possible

2021 - Started 1 game, (injured in 2nd, so really only played/started/available 1 game) 

2022 - Started 13 games of 13 possible

3 + 11 + 6 + 1 + 13 = 34 games

It's possible their website is incorrect, but that is what I am basing my numbers on...

https://purduesports.com/sports/football/roster/cory-trice/11429