Steal 1 Non-QB From A Division Rival

BetterCallSaul

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don’t think anyone “hates” him, moreso trying to understand why’d someone would choose him over Justin Jefferson - who has a legit claim as one of the 10 best offensive players in football.

Saying he's less than Sewell is crazy. Christian Darrisaw is a top 5 player at a more critical position (QB, EDGE, then LT). He's allow less pressures, less sacks, committed less penalties and has played LT instead of RT and the Lions line is relatively stacked to support Sewell. He's graded better in pass blocking and run blocking. Christian Darrisaw did receive All Pro votes, finishing 5th after Trent Williams, Andrew Thomas, Laremy Tunsil, and Terron Armstead while missing games. Penei finished third after Lane Johnson and Tristan Wirfs, but the fall of in talent and dominance in that position is pretty stark in comparison to the left with McGary and ONeill rounding it out. No doubt Justin Jefferson is the best option, but Darrisaw v. Sewell is at worst close.

On 5/7/2023 at 4:34 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

I feel like Darrisaw was atrocious early in his career, no? Wasn’t aware he had a resurgence. Plus I hated him as a prospect. 

this take is answered by the same reason he dropped in the first because he had an abdominal injury that caused him to miss all of the offseason and the start of his rookie year, and when he hit the field he was one of the better players on the Vikings. He's not clearly worse than Sewell because of how you view them as a prospect. Darrisaw projects as the young LT to have in football with the other option being Andrew Thomas, who actually did play rough to start his career but had a massive rebound the last two. There are very few NFL players under 25 I'd take over Darrisaw that aren't QB and personally it's probably Bosa, Jefferson, Chase and Parsons. I think Patrick Surtain would be a what your team needs more, but that's top 5/6 overall to me. If you aren't picking Justin Jefferson it's a great pick.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

While the Eagles previous endeavors with poaching ex-Cowboys haven't worked quite as well in real life (Miles Austin, DeMarco Murray, Orlando Scandrick, etc...), I would still take a chance at it for this exercise.

@downundermike Micah Parsons would be the logical choice here, a DPOY finalist and would take this defense to another level. Hard to argue with that one.

I'll change it up a bit and go with CeeDee Lamb.

Put a big damper on the Cowboys offseason excitement after they bring in Brandon Cooks via trade to be Dak's WR2. Now Dak loses his #1 WR and the offense takes a step back. 😂

On the Eagles, Lamb would be an obvious upgrade over Quez Watkins in the slot, reuniting with his college QB in Jalen Hurts and give the Eagles the best WR trio in the league by far. 

• Like 1