Steal 1 Non-QB From A Division Rival

BetterCallSaul

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

This is the 2nd horrid take I’ve seen from you in the last hour. Not wanting Jefferson because he’s too good? Would make life too easy for your young QB? That seems absurd to me. But I guess less absurd than thinking Will Anderson isn’t a top notch prospect.

Oh, and Sewell is definitely better than Darrisaw, but I see the logic in wanting to poison MIN by ridding them of a stud LT as opposed to Detroit I guess. 

If we're just counting players, sure maybe I take Jefferson, but we're a rebuilding team and by the end of this year the guy is going to be a holdout for a 30+m contract, he's not playing on his 5th year. Yeah I'm good with the long-term LT who I have two cost controlled years on, potentially 3. Would give GB 4 of the 5 OL positions locked in long-term with young players if we see another jump from Zach Tom. That's more valuable than a WR. What has Jefferson done for the Vikings in the postseason? 

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If we're just counting players, sure maybe I take Jefferson, but we're a rebuilding team and by the end of this year the guy is going to be a holdout for a 30+m contract, he's not playing on his 5th year. Yeah I'm good with the long-term LT who I have two cost controlled years on, potentially 3. Would give GB 4 of the 5 OL positions locked in long-term with young players if we see another jump from Zach Tom. That's more valuable than a WR. What has Jefferson done for the Vikings in the postseason? 

When I wasn't being obtuse to make fun of the Bears, I looked at the rest of the rosters.  I was really looking for a DL or S to help out.  But I don't really like the options.  I actually think my honest pick would be Darnell Wright from the Bears.  I really liked him in this draft as a RT, and we would have him for 5 years and he is just 21.  Is that the best player in the division? Not even close.  But I think he helps out the future of the team quite a bit, and while winning is always nice, that is not what 2023 is about for the Packers.  

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Oh, and Sewell is definitely better than Darrisaw, but I see the logic in wanting to poison MIN by ridding them of a stud LT as opposed to Detroit I guess. 

What makes you say this, particularly definitely? Because of draft acclaim? Sewell's awesome, but Darrisaw has graded as a top 3 tackle for most points the last couple years. I no longer have a PFF subscription, but the latest public ranking I can find (week 14 this year) of tackles has Darrisaw as the #3 and Sewell #11. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-tackle-rankings-week-14-trent-williams-andrew-thomas-christian-darrisaw-2022

Edited by Duluther

Either Garrett or Watt.  They both seemingly always go off in our games.  I guess I'd lean towards  Watt  slightly because he doesn't just get the sacks, he (and his brother) come up with some of the most athletic and ridiculous INTs ever.

The smart choice is probably Rashawn Slater. Pretty comfortable saying we'd have the best OL in the league at that point, Slater/Thuney/Creed/Smith/Taylor.

But personally, I would probably want Maxx Crosby. Even though we've taken Karlaftis and FAU the past two years, you can never have too many pass rushers, and he's one of those guys that's impossible to dislike even if he plays for a rival, for me.

6 hours ago, Duluther said:

What makes you say this, particularly definitely? Because of draft acclaim? Sewell's awesome, but Darrisaw has graded as a top 3 tackle for most points the last couple years. I no longer have a PFF subscription, but the latest public ranking I can find (week 14 this year) of tackles has Darrisaw as the #3 and Sewell #11. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-tackle-rankings-week-14-trent-williams-andrew-thomas-christian-darrisaw-2022

I feel like Darrisaw was atrocious early in his career, no? Wasn’t aware he had a resurgence. Plus I hated him as a prospect. 

12 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I feel like taking Watt from PITT would significantly derail their potential as well. No1 from the Ravens going down sans Lamar could topple them. Burrow will always produce, so idk about Chase paralyzing them. 

There was a graphic circulating showing our defense with and without Watt last year.     

It was pretty significant.

He is the heart of the defense.    

As good as Heyward has been, he showed signs of decline last year.

Watt is the only answer for other AFC North teams....to make them better and make us worse.    Minkah would be ahead of Heyward at this point, too.

As a Steeler fan....I dont know.    Probably Jamarr Chase, for Kenny's sake.

• Like 1