2023: Season

onejayhawk

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Good gravy! J.Taylor and D.Henry are upset they ONLY make 10+million$ this season. They act like it's tantamount to "slave labor".. C.McCaffrey says this is "criminal".

I fear for the NFL, where this is heading.

I get how they may feel in relation to some of the other positional values and compared to the beating a RB can take BUT Im also a firm believer that NFL players should have to work some normal jobs for 2 weeks in the off-season. I'd bet pouring some concrete or laying down some shingles for X amount of dollars would make em appreciate those millions all the more lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 10:12 AM, mayanfootball said:

Good gravy! J.Taylor and D.Henry are upset they ONLY make 10+million$ this season. They act like it's tantamount to "slave labor".. C.McCaffrey says this is "criminal".

I fear for the NFL, where this is heading.

It’s all relative.  If you were one of the top 5 people doing what you do for a living, you’d probably expect to make more than you make.  Even more so if you were one of the primary reasons your “Boss” made ridiculous amounts of money each year.

I don’t like it, nor do I agree with it, but there’s a reason I don’t get paid millions of dollars to sling insurance, nobody wants to watch those meetings.

On 7/30/2023 at 11:09 PM, EMAW_KSU said:

It’s all relative.  If you were one of the top 5 people doing what you do for a living, you’d probably expect to make more than you make.  Even more so if you were one of the primary reasons your “Boss” made ridiculous amounts of money each year.

I don’t like it, nor do I agree with it, but there’s a reason I don’t get paid millions of dollars to sling insurance, nobody wants to watch those meetings.

On one end you got D.Henry, et al, and on the other end you've got P.Mahomes and A.Rodgers, who don't want to cripple the team they play for. They like winning instead of "fat money". I mean really, when do you say "i've got enough money to make me happy for life."

Edited by mayanfootball

11 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

On one end you got D.Henry, et al, and on the other end you've got P.Mahomes and A.Rodgers, who don't want to cripple the team they play for. They like winning instead of "fat money". I mean really, when do you say "i've got enough money to make me happy for life."

The side note that is mostly lost is that Rodgers is giving the Packers a rude gesture.

He's saying that he is willing to take less, just not from the Packers.

On 8/1/2023 at 11:31 PM, mayanfootball said:

Make no mistake, Rodgers doesn’t want to cripple THIS team.

On 8/2/2023 at 10:50 AM, onejayhawk said:

The side note that is mostly lost is that Rodgers is giving the Packers a rude gesture.

Couldn’t be more correct, if Rodgers had said he wants to play for two more years, and said he’d take a pay cut…he’d still be the QB1 in GB.  Instead he forced his way out because he feels he was slighted, yet now he’s gotten to the jets and there dumped 1st a talent in favor of guys that GB had.