2023: Season

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

You make me laugh. Don’t forget the kid that they have starting now was a first round pick, spent 3 years absorbing every bit of knowledge he could from arguably the most talented QB to ever play the game.  They have 2 number 1 RBs that they might actually lean on this year now that the head coach actually gets to wear the pants.  If they’re bad, I’d because they refuse to fire Joe Barry, but to say they’re the worst in the NFC is laughable.  I actually think they’re going to surprise people.

I say again, excepting Arizona, there is probably no worse team in the NFC than Green Bay with Love at QB. 

19 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I say again, excepting Arizona, there is probably no worse team in the NFC than Green Bay with Love at QB. 

A gentleman’s bet then? Not only do I think they finish ahead of Arizona, but I don’t think they even finish last in their own division.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

A gentleman’s bet then? Not only do I think they finish ahead of Arizona, but I don’t think they even finish last in their own division.

Who will they beat?

The Vikings and Lions are both clearly better. The Bears put a lot into winning this season and ought to at least be in the playoff hunt. The packers will do well if they win seven.

20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Who will they beat?

The Vikings and Lions are both clearly better. The Bears put a lot into winning this season and ought to at least be in the playoff hunt. The packers will do well if they win seven.

Well, the Raider’s from last year and the Philly “Dream Team” show that spending money doesn’t make you a better team.  As far as the Vikings go, they won what 11 games last year by less than 7 points? That’s not necessarily sustainable.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Well, the Raider’s from last year and the Philly “Dream Team” show that spending money doesn’t make you a better team.  As far as the Vikings go, they won what 11 games last year by less than 7 points? That’s not necessarily sustainable.

There are exceptions to most rules.

However, Chicago has a solid FO now--Foles used to be with the Chiefs--and they signed four players on the front seven, including Tremaine Edmunds. Add two more DL from day #2 of the draft and the defense is looking respectable. On offense, they signed an OG and drafted an OT in round #1. Add that to three new RB, including Roschon Johnson. The Bears will at least be able to play defense and run the ball. 

I don't expect double-digit wins, but 8-9 is likely which puts them in playoff contention. In any event, they should be at least as good as the Packers.

On 5/12/2023 at 7:09 PM, Jakuvious said:

I don't disagree that the Cards would be the worst team of the batch, but at our talent/coaching/QB level, I don't see the gap between the worst team in the NFL and any other bottom like 8 team as meaningful to our odds of beating them, compared to something like San Fran, who is probably a top 5 team in the league, versus like Minnesota or Detroit, who I don't really think should be able to handle us at all. Aside from Indy who is a whole thing for us that I don't understand, we've basically only lost to like, conference championship caliber teams in recent years. So I don't care that much about whether the worst team in a division is 32nd or 25th, compared to if the best team is 4th or 10th. If that makes sense. I'd rather have a tougher bottom team on the schedule than a tougher top team.

yeah honestly thinking about it you’re probably right. Cousins doesn’t scare me despite the weapons, Bears are rebuilding and the Packers are a huge unknown. I think you’re sleeping on the Lions though I think they win the division. Goff has beaten Mahomes before, he’s got an elite OL and weapons everywhere, they got two great EDGE rushers and an elite safety who wants revenge. Maybe I’m just projecting my own biases because I like what they’re doing over there, but they’ve got a team that is constructed in a way to go toe to toe with us for sure.

Going into training season, PFF grades the Chiefs roster as #4 in the NFL after the Eagles, 49ers, and Bengals. One thing worth noting is that Derrick Nnadi is listed as a starting DT. My guess is that either Charles Omenihu or Tershawn Wharton should be in that slot.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2023-roster-rankings-strengths-weaknesses-x-factors-rookies-to-watch

Bleacher Report put out a prediction of Mahomes' numbers in 2023.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bleacher_report_releases_2023_stat_predictions_for_patrick_mahomes/s1_16631_38869382

These are the predicted stats and where they would rank compared to his five seasons as a starter. 

• 66% completion rate: T-4
  • 4,892 passing yards: 3
  • 38 passing touchdowns: T-3
  • 10 interceptions: 4
  • 55 rushing attempts: 5
  • 325 rushing yards: 3
  • Three rushing touchdowns: 2

4900 yds, 38 TD, 10 Int would be a career year for most QB.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Good gravy! J.Taylor and D.Henry are upset they ONLY make 10+million$ this season. They act like it's tantamount to "slave labor".. C.McCaffrey says this is "criminal".

I fear for the NFL, where this is heading.

Old news mimicking still older news.