2023: Season

onejayhawk

This thread is for things that are largely not roster or game related.

This season the Schedule is the 3rd hardest in the league according to Sharp Analysis and projected records.

2023-nfl-strength-of-schedule.jpg

This is a big improvement on 2022.

2022-nfl-strength-of-schedule-warren-sha

Edited by onejayhawk

The schedule is just out and subject to--whatever.

The number following is the NFL projected win total for the other team. The Chiefs project at 11.6.
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-schedule-each-nfc-team-s-win-total-projection-for-2023-season

Week 1: vs. Lions  (Thursday, Sept. 7) 9.6
Week 2: @ Jaguars  (Sunday, Sep. 17) 9.3
Week 3: vs. Bears (Sunday, Sep. 24) 8.2
Week 4: vs. Jets (Sunday, Oct. 1) 9.8
Week 5: @ Vikings (Sunday, Oct. 8 ) 8.2
Week 6: vs. Broncos (Sunday, Oct. 12) 8.1
Week 7: vs. Chargers (Sunday, Oct. 22) 8.9
Week 8: @ Broncos (Sunday, Oct. 29) 8.1
Week 9: vs. Dolphins Frankfurt (Sunday, Nov. 5) 9.6
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: vs. Eagles (Monday, Nov. 20) 11.1
Week 12: @ Raiders (Sunday, Nov. 26) 6.8
Week 13: @ Packers (Sunday, Dec. 3) 6.8
Week 14: vs Bills (Sunday, Dec. 10) 10.6
Week 15: @ Patriots (Monday, Dec. 18) 7.9
Week 16: vs. Raiders (Monday, Dec. 25) 6.8
Week 17: vs. Bengals (Sunday, Dec. 31) 11
Week 18: @ Chargers (TBD, Jan. 6/7) 8.9

Edited by onejayhawk

25 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The schedule is just out and subject to--whatever.

Week 1: vs. Lions  (Thursday, Sept. 7)
Week 2: @ Jaguars  (Sunday, Sep. 17)
Week 3: vs. Bears (Sunday, Sep. 24)
Week 4: vs. Jets (Sunday, Oct. 1)
Week 5: @ Vikings (Sunday, Oct. 8 )
Week 6: vs. Broncos (Sunday, Oct. 12)
Week 7: vs. Chargers (Sunday, Oct. 22)
Week 8: @ Broncos (Sunday, Oct. 29)
Week 9: vs. Dolphins Frankfurt (Sunday, Nov. 5)
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: vs. Eagles (Monday, Nov. 20)
Week 12: @ Raiders (Sunday, Nov. 26)
Week 13: @ Packers (Sunday, Dec. 3)
Week 14: vs Bills (Sunday, Dec. 10)
Week 15: @ Patriots (Monday, Dec. 18)
Week 16: vs. Raiders (Monday, Dec. 25)
Week 17: vs. Bengals (Sunday, Dec. 31)
Week 18: @ Chargers (TBD, Jan. 6/7)

Only like 3 noon starts is crazy - it’s good to be king I guess.

3 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Only like 3 noon starts is crazy - it’s good to be king I guess.

This is a tough schedule, our “worst games” are divisional, and they always play us to the wire.  AFC East/NFC North are quality divisions top to bottom. 

34 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

This is a tough schedule, our “worst games” are divisional, and they always play us to the wire.  AFC East/NFC North are quality divisions top to bottom. 

I actually think the NFC North is going to be one of the easier draws of NFC divisions. Not as easy as the South, but I'd rather face the North sans Rodgers than the West or the East right now.

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I actually think the NFC North is going to be one of the easier draws of NFC divisions. Not as easy as the South, but I'd rather face the North sans Rodgers than the West or the East right now.

I agree with this. Minnesota and Detroit are decent teams and Chicago spent a ton in free agency, but none project 10 wins. On the flip side, Green Bay sans Rodgers may be the worst team in the NFC. We play Detroit to open the season so things could become clear quickly.

In a sense, it's a push. Rodgers moved from one part of the schedule to another. It has been a long time since he and Mahomes played. The last time the teams met, in 2021, Rodgers was out. You have to go back to 2019.

9 hours ago, Chiefer said:

As Rick Flair once said, “if you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man”

schedule is easier than last year and that ended up ok.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

East would’ve been tougher for sure, but the Cards are worse than any team in the North lol. 

Idk I got faith in Jordan Love, it would be Packer Luck for him to turn out good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

East would’ve been tougher for sure, but the Cards are worse than any team in the North lol. 

Idk I got faith in Jordan Love, it would be Packer Luck for him to turn out good

I give you the Cardinals.

The Packers are as bad as anyone else. We played them with Love at QB in 2021. We won 13-7.

Edited by onejayhawk

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Being in WI I'm stuck on this one, I feel like Love is gonna be solid (and I'm rooting for him tbh) but at the same time these mofos just had 30 years of amazing QB play and could stand to have a couple dark years like everyone else lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Sure, but it'd be nice to have a "cakewalk" schedule now and then. Most teams do.

We get the NFC South next year, which should still be weaker. We also get the AFC North which may be weaker as well -- I'm really curious to see how the Ravens do with their current contract situations. They already have ~25mil in dead cap next year with the way they added void years on a lot of deals.

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Green Bay sans Rodgers may be the worst team in the NFC

You make me laugh. Don’t forget the kid that they have starting now was a first round pick, spent 3 years absorbing every bit of knowledge he could from arguably the most talented QB to ever play the game.  They have 2 number 1 RBs that they might actually lean on this year now that the head coach actually gets to wear the pants.  If they’re bad, I’d because they refuse to fire Joe Barry, but to say they’re the worst in the NFC is laughable.  I actually think they’re going to surprise people.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I don't disagree that the Cards would be the worst team of the batch, but at our talent/coaching/QB level, I don't see the gap between the worst team in the NFL and any other bottom like 8 team as meaningful to our odds of beating them, compared to something like San Fran, who is probably a top 5 team in the league, versus like Minnesota or Detroit, who I don't really think should be able to handle us at all. Aside from Indy who is a whole thing for us that I don't understand, we've basically only lost to like, conference championship caliber teams in recent years. So I don't care that much about whether the worst team in a division is 32nd or 25th, compared to if the best team is 4th or 10th. If that makes sense. I'd rather have a tougher bottom team on the schedule than a tougher top team.