49ers Schedule Released

N4L

15 hours ago, N4L said:

The time change is definitely a factor. We have longer to prepare for it, sure, but I dont think Kyle is the type to start practices at 8am for multiple weeks before the game just to get guys used to it. He is typically a "these guys are pro, I will let them be pros" type of coach. 

Time change is more of a hindurance during the season where your weekly rest/rehabilitation schedule comes into play.

Having your first game of the year be on the East Coast, coming off the last preseason game where all your starters will be resting should never be an issue. It's the first game of the seaosn. Adrenaline is pumping, guys are extra antsy to hit the field, first game excitement, etc. You have much more of that on your side than that same secnario in Week 8. There will be some adjustments to the early start but it shouldn't be much of a factor, if any. 

Fast foward to Week 6 versus the Brows, after coming off a three-game homestand is where that early start could be more of a catalyst imo.

Edited by 757-NINER

Opening on the road vs Pitt and the Rams is a little scary especially considering the 49ers lost 3 of their first 4 road games last year to 3 of the worst teams in the NFL. 

and let's not forget the QB situation. 

I don't love @ Seattle on TG on a short week. 

49ers won't be going 6-0 in the division this year.  

Edited by Herodreamer79

I am not sure this even takes into account the 10am starts after MNF games. 

We have top 2/3 miles traveled this year, plus a net negative with regards to rest relative to our opponents. 

We play a very physical style of football. Long flights are not good for recovery. I really hope this team does not get too worn down. 

I really want the 1 seed. The bye in January is HUGE. That will mean not starting slow with an unknown at QB. It is going to be tough. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1