2023 NBA Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (8) Miami Heat ||| Nuggets are Champs!!!

11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Not talking about the KD version, in case that's what you're thinking of. I think the Nuggets are pretty comparable otherwise. The Warriors were a much better regular season team due to admittedly better depth (67 vs 53 wins) but that matters less come postseason time obviously. Looking at the rosters you've got the 2x MVP leading them in Steph and Jokic, you've got fringe all-star 2nd options who punch above their weight in their system in Klay and Murray, prime Draymond was definitely better than Gordon due in part to just how well Draymond fits with the Splash Bros but Gordon serves a similar purpose of being a perfect fit and defensive stalwart, and MPJ is a better 3rd option than Barnes ever was. 

Obviously they're not the exact same or anything, definitely not playstyle wise. Warriors lived on their amazing defense and shooting, whereas the Nuggets live in transition and whenever they do actually miss a shot rebounding, but the comparison is only in terms of young teams ready to make the leap.

Golden State’s defense was way better. And I would take Curry/Klay over Jokic/Murray. Again, it might be splitting hairs, but I think of those GSW finals teams from 2015 on would smoke Denver. 

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Golden State’s defense was way better. And I would take Curry/Klay over Jokic/Murray. Again, it might be splitting hairs, but I think of those GSW finals teams from 2015 on would smoke Denver. 

I agree that version of GS would beat Denver. 

3 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think they would too tbh. Again, not trying to argue that GSW team vs this Denver team. The only point I was originally trying to make was that the Nuggets are in a similar position if they win the championship of being young and having the team locked up long term around their MVP. Actual matchup wise the Warriors would definitely win imo. 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Let's talk about the current game, it's a one possession gm lol. 

But you right. This got close fast lol

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Heat bricking everything right now. Where's Grant Williams when you need him?

Michael Jordan would make something up to take personally for motivation. Jimmy Butler waiting for someone to actually set him off. That's the difference with the GOAT. Lol.