Desmond Ridder and the Falcons vs DeShaun Watson and the Browns

scar988

14 minutes ago, SoCalDirtyBird said:

Yeah I’m done with this experiment for this season. Put in Heinicke for this year and let Ridder battle it out this off-season with a vet or high draft pick rookie.

Naw. I disagree. WE've seen flashes of good play even on his worst days. Need to see more consistency and need to see him take care of the ball better.

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Naw. I disagree. WE've seen flashes of good play even on his worst days. Need to see more consistency and need to see him take care of the ball better.

I agree that we’ve seen flashes, but we can’t waste this year waiting for him to figure out. He really does need to be put on ice this year unfortunately. This is a pretty solid team and Heinicke definitely gives us the best chance to win now IMO. The risk vs reward of potentially wasting a season so that a third round pick QB can HOPEFULLY develop from it is not worth it.

He did play well against Houston but I wasn’t too impressed with him in our dubs vs GB & CAR

16 minutes ago, SoCalDirtyBird said:

I agree that we’ve seen flashes, but we can’t waste this year waiting for him to figure out. He really does need to be put on ice this year unfortunately. This is a pretty solid team and Heinicke definitely gives us the best chance to win now IMO. The risk vs reward of potentially wasting a season so that a third round pick QB can HOPEFULLY develop from it is not worth it.

He did play well against Houston but I wasn’t too impressed with him in our dubs vs GB & CAR

This is the 2nd year of the true rebuild. The offense and defense aren't close to finished products. Goal this year is develop and win enough games to make the playoffs. I think they still win 10 games. But it's not a WIN NOW MODE type thing. 

Heinicke is objectively terrible, btw. 

Edited by scar988

19 minutes ago, scar988 said:

This is the 2nd year of the true rebuild. The offense and defense aren't close to finished products. Goal this year is develop and win enough games to make the playoffs. I think they still win 10 games. But it's not a WIN NOW MODE type thing. 

We’re not the 9ers or the Eagles, but there’s no reason for us to not be putting the guys out there that can win us the most games, especially not for the sake of a third round pick’s hopeful development.

Heinicke may not be a great player, but this is a talented offense that shouldn’t exactly be difficult for a QB to operate. I truly don’t think he’d be leading the league in turnover worthy plays in this offense like Ridder is. 

6 hours ago, SoCalDirtyBird said:

We’re not the 9ers or the Eagles, but there’s no reason for us to not be putting the guys out there that can win us the most games, especially not for the sake of a third round pick’s hopeful development.

Heinicke may not be a great player, but this is a talented offense that shouldn’t exactly be difficult for a QB to operate. I truly don’t think he’d be leading the league in turnover worthy plays in this offense like Ridder is. 

Heinicke would be a massive downgrade from Ridder. There’s some throws out there that Heinicke just can’t make in the offense. The design is leaving a lot to be desired right now. No idea where the runs they called last year have been too. 

13 hours ago, scar988 said:

That’s objectively wrong. I can say with confidence you all would have won that game yesterday had he started (at least the 2nd half). If there was one thing TH excelled at in Washington, it was limiting TOs and finding a way to get the ball to his playmakers. Can’t make all the throws? Sure. But he finds ways to give the team a chance to win. I think you could be scared to see what happens if he actually did play. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That’s objectively wrong. I can say with confidence you all would have won that game yesterday had he started (at least the 2nd half). If there was one thing TH excelled at in Washington, it was limiting TOs and finding a way to get the ball to his playmakers. Can’t make all the throws? Sure. But he finds ways to give the team a chance to win. I think you could be scared to see what happens if he actually did play. 

So instead of turning the ball over twice while driving down the field because the calls came in late, he would instead just miss the throws on 3rd down and not sustain drives. 

Yesterday Ridder played well except for his INTs. I know that may seem hollow, but I thought he managed the game well and delivered some accurate, on-time balls. I'm not sure what is going on with the playclock issues, but that was a big issue.

I said it to @scar988 in our GDT, I either wanted a blowout win for us or a blowout win for you guys. This type of win is hollow for us. Our defense still gave up over 400 yards. Our offense couldn't do anything in the second half. It was an ugly game for us and unfortunately it won't lead to the staffing changes a lot of our fans desperately want. 

Also, one thing I can say about Heinicke, is dude is a gamer. The reason he does so well when he is in there is because people question and doubt him. I believe you guys would have won with Heinicke at QB. More so that he knows our defenses strengths and weaknesses and probably would have killed us with his feet as well.

Good luck the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Yesterday Ridder played well except for his INTs. I know that may seem hollow, but I thought he managed the game well and delivered some accurate, on-time balls. I'm not sure what is going on with the playclock issues, but that was a big issue.

I actually agree. That was coach smith getting too caught up in game management to get the plays in.

I said it to @scar988 in our GDT, I either wanted a blowout win for us or a blowout win for you guys. This type of win is hollow for us. Our defense still gave up over 400 yards. Our offense couldn't do anything in the second half. It was an ugly game for us and unfortunately it won't lead to the staffing changes a lot of our fans desperately want. 

Our defense is actually good. Without the 2 short fields, I don't think you guys score more than 10 points. It's way easier to score when your 27 yards out and 11 yards out than it is from 75 every time like it was for Ridder and our offense.

Also, one thing I can say about Heinicke, is dude is a gamer. The reason he does so well when he is in there is because people question and doubt him. I believe you guys would have won with Heinicke at QB. More so that he knows our defenses strengths and weaknesses and probably would have killed us with his feet as well.

Good luck the rest of the season.

I don't think Heinicke sustains the drives needed to win. He might make a flashy play or 2, but he's literally played 0 snaps with the first team offense even in practice. They're working on developing Ridder.

I'd say good luck to you guys, but I feel like that isn't what you want? Because I feel like y'all want Rivera gone... sooo, bad luck?

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 4:54 AM, scar988 said:

They are like the 2019 Titans- a QB switch away from making some serious noise.

Heinecke may be the perfect guy for the job.  Not someone you want playing for 17 games, but give him a shortened season, a good team, and a mission, and he'll give the team the spark that they need.

Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

They are like the 2019 Titans- a QB switch away from making some serious noise.

Heinecke may be the perfect guy for the job.  Not someone you want playing for 17 games, but give him a shortened season, a good team, and a mission, and he'll give the team the spark that they need.

Ridder is just having the switch flip for him, and you're saying they need to switch QBs to a guy with a higher TWP rate than Ridder? Naw, I'm good. Ridder was making great throws and showing a ton out there this past week. 3 bad plays won't stop him from starting for this team. They'll work with him to prevent those from happening again.

QBs in their first 10 starts... Ridder is relatively average through 10 starts to his peers. Not as many TDs, but that is also part function of the offense not having a run game right now that's as good as it could be. If they can get the run going, I think we could see him take off in that stat.

F82cPQoWUAA0-XS?format=png&name=large