Madden SUX thread

Ty21

15 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who are some of the best young players you've used this year? For my fantasy draft I am thinking about what RB to target especially. Achane has the best speed in the league at RB, but Walker's stats look super nice and he's not too far off in speed.

For fantasy drafts I usually take mostly defense early on, except for a legit #1 WR. My thought process is that me as a gamer can usually outplay the cpu on offense, but defensively you have a lot of players out there that you need to make plays that aren't under your control. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

For fantasy drafts I usually take mostly defense early on, except for a legit #1 WR. My thought process is that me as a gamer can usually outplay the cpu on offense, but defensively you have a lot of players out there that you need to make plays that aren't under your control. 

Yeah that's not a bad strategy.

The recipe I find which always works is of course youth, speed and dev trait. I'm in a league where we usually play 6-7 seasons until the need Madden comes out. 

I did some scouting and really want to go pass-rusher (Parsons, Bosa, Crosby are my top 3), CB (Surtain or Sauce) or OL (Wirfs or Sewell) with my first 1-2 picks. 

Upping the dev trait for OL is next to impossible unless they win OL of the year, so nabbing a couple SS's is a must for me. Parsons is the biggest cheat code in the game and it looks like he gets drafted early teens, so hoping I get randomized a top 10 pick.

For QB I want Richardson (duh) but if someone else takes him high, I'll probably not even bother taking one and just trade for a guy like Malik for next to nothing (Did that last year and had him a 95+ in a couple seasons).

RBs I have it down to Achane, Walker or Gibbs. Speed, age and dev trait.

Any other guys stick out to you?

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yeah that's not a bad strategy.

The recipe I find which always works is of course youth, speed and dev trait. I'm in a league where we usually play 6-7 seasons until the need Madden comes out. 

I did some scouting and really want to go pass-rusher (Parsons, Bosa, Crosby are my top 3), CB (Surtain or Sauce) or OL (Wirfs or Sewell) with my first 1-2 picks. 

Upping the dev trait for OL is next to impossible unless they win OL of the year, so nabbing a couple SS's is a must for me. Parsons is the biggest cheat code in the game and it looks like he gets drafted early teens, so hoping I get randomized a top 10 pick.

For QB I want Richardson (duh) but if someone else takes him high, I'll probably not even bother taking one and just trade for a guy like Malik for next to nothing (Did that last year and had him a 95+ in a couple seasons).

RBs I have it down to Achane, Walker or Gibbs. Speed, age and dev trait.

Any other guys stick out to you?

I haven't done a fantasy draft since launch but I remember the QBs went earlier than in previous years. If you're going to go QB early I'd take Lamar Jackson, he pretty much finishes first for MVP in almost every sim I do. If you hold off for a QB till later, Richardson obviously makes sense or someone like Daniel Jones isn't a terrible grab late. 

I personally usually take the top CB in the first round and then grab my WR in round 2. 

I prefer power backs over speed backs because I use them to convert 3rd downs mostly. Someone like Allgeiers you can probably get late for that. But if I had any pick of any RB in Madden 24 I would take Josh Jacobs, he's pretty dominant in the game and he's still only 25. 

If you're playing User games, I find at WR that someone who's decently fast but really tall can be practically unstoppable compared to just speed guys. Someone like Drake London comes to mind that you could grab later. Mike Williams is another but you'd have to grab him earlier. 

Young Oline with SS dev are LT Ikem Ekwonu, RT Penei Sewell, LT Tristan Wirfs and Mekhi Becton. If I had my pick I'd take Wirfs. 

If you want to go edge early, Micah Parsons and Myles Garrett are the two most dominant in the game from my experience. 

Again if you're playing User games, having an X Factor at Safety can make it really hard for opposing players to throw on you. The only X Factor Safety at the time you draft will be Derwin James, if you're drafting like 25-32 range in the first he wouldn't be a terrible pick. He's 27 and the X Factors usually regress slower so he could start for you for probably 5 years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I haven't done a fantasy draft since launch but I remember the QBs went earlier than in previous years. If you're going to go QB early I'd take Lamar Jackson, he pretty much finishes first for MVP in almost every sim I do. If you hold off for a QB till later, Richardson obviously makes sense or someone like Daniel Jones isn't a terrible grab late. 

I personally usually take the top CB in the first round and then grab my WR in round 2. 

I prefer power backs over speed backs because I use them to convert 3rd downs mostly. Someone like Allgeiers you can probably get late for that. But if I had any pick of any RB in Madden 24 I would take Josh Jacobs, he's pretty dominant in the game and he's still only 25. 

If you're playing User games, I find at WR that someone who's decently fast but really tall can be practically unstoppable compared to just speed guys. Someone like Drake London comes to mind that you could grab later. Mike Williams is another but you'd have to grab him earlier. 

Young Oline with SS dev are LT Ikem Ekwonu, RT Penei Sewell, LT Tristan Wirfs and Mekhi Becton. If I had my pick I'd take Wirfs. 

If you want to go edge early, Micah Parsons and Myles Garrett are the two most dominant in the game from my experience. 

Again if you're playing User games, having an X Factor at Safety can make it really hard for opposing players to throw on you. The only X Factor Safety at the time you draft will be Derwin James, if you're drafting like 25-32 range in the first he wouldn't be a terrible pick. He's 27 and the X Factors usually regress slower so he could start for you for probably 5 years. 

It is a user league where we play each game, perform trades, sign FA, draft, etc. It's me and 4 other buds which is honestly a blast. Me and one other guy are by far the most intense, but the others all 3 play and do the same stuff. Just not intense scouting like we do.

I haven't lost a game or Super Bowl in like 3 Maddens so I have a good pulse on how everything works. However this was all on Xbox One, and now we're switching over to new gen. I feel like I am going to have quite the learning curve. The One hasn't had new features to gameplay added in years I feel. The throwing, hard cuts, animations, etc all look so different.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It is a user league where we play each game, perform trades, sign FA, draft, etc. It's me and 4 other buds which is honestly a blast. Me and one other guy are by far the most intense, but the others all 3 play and do the same stuff. Just not intense scouting like we do.

I haven't lost a game or Super Bowl in like 3 Maddens so I have a good pulse on how everything works. However this was all on Xbox One, and now we're switching over to new gen. I feel like I am going to have quite the learning curve. The One hasn't had new features to gameplay added in years I feel. The throwing, hard cuts, animations, etc all look so different.

If you're playing all of the games I would hold off on a QB till later and even go cheap on the Oline too. Unless you're up against X factors you Oline will hold up and you can always spend draft picks to upgrade them later (the game generates a lot of good Olineman every year). I know finding SS olineman is hard but the abilities for WRs, HBs, and defensive players are more important than any ability your olineman will have. Getting dev trait challenges on DLineman and Linebackers is easier than players in the secondary, which is why I generally draft players in the secondary early. WRs are also generally pretty easy to get dev trait challenges for. 

Something like R1 Surtain, R2 Chase Young, R3 Mike Williams would be a pretty impressive haul imo. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got an X so have been fooling around with the new Madden for the first time. It sure is a huge upgrade over old gen, I'll tell you that much. The animations, graphics, etc. I get the common sentiment that Madden sucks, but I still enjoy it a lot.

In fact, I have my annual Madden Online Fantasy draft tonight with my buds. Thinking of attacking D early and often. Ideally a pass-rusher or CB. Then total youth movement on O.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Finally got an X so have been fooling around with the new Madden for the first time. It sure is a huge upgrade over old gen, I'll tell you that much. The animations, graphics, etc. I get the common sentiment that Madden sucks, but I still enjoy it a lot.

In fact, I have my annual Madden Online Fantasy draft tonight with my buds. Thinking of attacking D early and often. Ideally a pass-rusher or CB. Then total youth movement on O.

Best strat is pick a team with a lot of draft capital to trade for needs/upgrades post draft. 

Waiting for it to hit EA Play. I would feel dirty about myself if I paid for this. No offense to anyone, you guys do what makes you happy 100%, no judgment. 

Maybe it’s a good thing there hasn’t been a good game since Madden 12. I spent an ungodly amount of hours on Madden 10-12 on PS3 in Online Franchise. Is Online Franchise even still a thing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's all I do. I'm in a league with some friends and go through ~7 seasons a year, FA, drafting, etc. The works.

It's a blast.

I use to run a Franchise with all 32 teams back in college when I had no job. It really was like a zero paying full time jobs. Constantly had to message members to play, had to kick people out and go recruit, was crazy keeping all 32 filled but I did. I don’t recommend anyone do it unless you’re rich, no job, and a lot of time on your hands. 

• Like 1