2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

Just now, beekay414 said:

Heat can move Nikola Jovic, pick 18 this year, their 2027 1st and their 2029 1st with no limitations. That's why they have more options than the Suns.

And that’s a terrible package for Washington. I think they’d sooner keep Beal than accept that. Washington needs to play hard ball & demand Herro. Miami will bite. 

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

And that’s a terrible package for Washington. I think they’d sooner keep Beal than accept that. Washington needs to play hard ball & demand Herro. Miami will bite. 

What exactly do you think Washington is going to get for Beal? He's a sunk cost. He played them like a fiddle, got his money and now he's gonna go get his way with his no trade clause. Beal has the leverage, not the Wizards brass.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

What exactly do you think Washington is going to get for Beal? He's a sunk cost. He played them like a fiddle, got his money and now he's gonna go get his way with his no trade clause. Beal has the leverage, not the Wizards brass.

I think they’re going to get more than that tidily wink of nothingness. He is a legitimate superstar player who is making more than he should be on a bad team. But Beal is still a hot commodity and is good enough to put a good squad over the hump for sure. These teams that wish to acquire him aren’t gonna be able to keep all of their young assets and get him. Washington doesn’t have NO leverage. 

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think they’re going to get more than that tidily wink of nothingness. He is a legitimate superstar player who is making more than he should be on a bad team. But Beal is still a hot commodity and is good enough to put a good squad over the hump for sure. These teams that wish to acquire him aren’t gonna be able to keep all of their young assets and get him. Washington doesn’t have NO leverage. 

I think you'll be surprised when it happens. Beal's due over $200 Million the next 4 seasons. He's not pulling a haul. If they land multiple 1sts, that's a win for them. 

And we have different ideas as to what a superstar is...

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Here's the problem with trading Beal. He can veto any trade if he thinks his destination team is giving up too much to win now.

So yeah, the Wizards have no leverage because, for some reason, they gave him that NTC.

06fdf6b3-28ec-4552-9e6b-6be5bdbc487d_tex

7 hours ago, General Tso said:

Here's the problem with trading Beal. He can veto any trade if he thinks his destination team is giving up too much to win now.

Which isn’t the case with the Miami trade if they elect to send Herro over.

I think he ultimately ends up in Philly after Miami and Phoenix aren’t able to offer up anything substantial.

I guess I could see them not getting amazing value for Beal, but for freaking Duncan Robinson & Kyle Lowry? Why would Washington trade Beal, for purely financial and age reasons, and then take on two veterans with bad contracts?

I might be wrong, but I don’t think they’re giving him up for nothing. That would be insane to me. If I were a Wizards fan, I would rather they keep him & try to make a run this year if that’s the best I could get. Or at least hold onto him until a team with better options comes into the fray.

Miami & Phoenix are two of the worst teams to deal with, as they have extremely limited picks & very little young promising talent. Weird to me that those are the teams they’re talking to. 

10 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Maybe 3 years ago.

I think you're underestimating what his contract does to a team under the new CBA. He's not good enough to give up assets and cripple your future for.

10 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

But Beal is still a hot commodity

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Miami & Phoenix are two of the worst teams to deal with, as they have extremely limited picks & very little young promising talent. Weird to me that those are the teams they’re talking to. 

A hot commodity...but 2 teams with limited assets are the ones Washington is engaging with.

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I'm sure he has given them a list of teams he'd consider playing for.

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

their options are literally send him exactly where he wants to go for the exact package he wants to be traded for or they keep paying him

and it’s very obvious they don’t want to keep paying him

• Like 1