KT gets knee surgery, may be available for the opener

Chiefer

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

imagine it’ll still be WR-By-Committee with Kelce as the spearhead. Everybody doing a little bit of everything, Skyy I think has a step up, MVS and Mahomes should have better chemistry. 

It would not surprise me if Richie James was the one who stepped up beside MVS. This assumes that Justin Watson is blocking. We saw in the Jacksonville game that Watson can play lead WR but that would leave the glue-guy role empty. 

I am beginning to think Justyn Ross will be in the mix. His ability to ****** the ball with either hand gives him an impressive catch radius. 

Kadarius Toney Injury History:

- Hamstring (August 2021)
- Ankle sprain (W5 2021)
- Quad contusion (W11 2021)
- Oblique strain (W12 2021)
- Shoulder strain (W16 2021)
- Knee procedure (2022 offseason)
- Hamstring (Week 2 2022)
- Hamstring (Week 11 2022)
- Knee procedure (camp 2023)

He was also injured frequently in college…

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Kadarius Toney Injury History:

- Hamstring (August 2021)
- Ankle sprain (W5 2021)
- Quad contusion (W11 2021)
- Oblique strain (W12 2021)
- Shoulder strain (W16 2021)
- Knee procedure (2022 offseason)
- Hamstring (Week 2 2022)
- Hamstring (Week 11 2022)
- Knee procedure (camp 2023)

He was also injured frequently in college…

Yeah I don't have a ton of faith in his availability. He moves in such a way a person probably shouldn't lol. 

And just gonna say it but I think he's more into rapping than football and probably isn't putting in the necessary time to strengthen his legs. 

But man, when he's on the field he's fun to watch

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

This was a concern looking at the draft for me and all the talk of him being a number 1.  I just feel like there’sa potential we could see more of Rice than people think and I’m here for it.

That was always the Issue. KT was going to be #1 as long as he could play. Now he can't play

Learning the Chiefs' offense has been likened to drinking from a fire hydrant. They throw a lot at the rookies and they throw it very fast. Skyy Moore has a ton of talent but he was swamped. It was midseason before he could get out of his own way. His TD in the Super Bowl had him out of position. 

It's hard to say if Rashee Rice will be the exception. At this point, it is sufficient to say that I doubt it. What I do expect is that he will pick something useful up and get snaps in situations where that skill is leveraged. For example, he may be unusually good at jump ball situations. The counter to that is that the Chiefs have another tall WR who can elevate, Justyn Ross.

The obvious heir to KT's snaps is Skyy Moore who is supposed to be much better and much more confident. The team's veteran WRs are Justin Watson and Richie James. Both have gotten attention in practice. Justyn Ross is making handsy catches with regularity. Rice is probably below all of them on the depth chart. 

Well Nagy in the news conference the other day said we’d be impressed with Rice and see him do things that you think are impossible.  Sounds like a guy that will find the field.  What I know is MVS has injury concerns KT has injury concerns, Skyy I thought got banged up a little last season, not sure if Watson missed games but I think maybe.  If you’re in the KC WR room you better be ready to play because if your feet touch the playing field there’sa chance 15 is getting you the ball and there’s no plays off.

• Like 1