The Cuts Thread - Kemp, F Gardner, Mack, J Patterson, TCF, Fromm released

MikeT14

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm betting I R ..

I sure hope Mathis’s calf isn't that serious that they expect to miss multiple weeks so he’ll go on IR. I think he'll play in week 1, if not, I expect him to be on the roster and for Big John Ridgeway to play a lot which I'm cool with.

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Commanders announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Washington Commanders released the following players:

• WR Zion Bowens
  • LB Milo Eifler
  • CB DaMarcus Fields
  • LB Ferrod Gardner
  • S Joshua Kalu
  • WR Marcus Kemp
  • DT Isaiah Mack
  • DT Anthony Montalvo
  • T/G Aaron Montiero
  • RB Jaret Patterson
  • DE Joshua Pryor
  • CB DJ Stirgus

The Washington Commanders placed the following player on the Reserve/Injured List:

• T Braeden Daniels 
  • Is this how they get around not cutting him and still keeping him without putting him on the team. 
Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Commanders announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Washington Commanders released the following players:

• WR Zion Bowens
  • LB Milo Eifler
  • CB DaMarcus Fields
  • LB Ferrod Gardner
  • S Joshua Kalu
  • WR Marcus Kemp
  • DT Isaiah Mack
  • DT Anthony Montalvo
  • T/G Aaron Montiero
  • RB Jaret Patterson
  • DE Joshua Pryor
  • CB DJ Stirgus

The Washington Commanders placed the following player on the Reserve/Injured List:

• T Braeden Daniels 
  • Is this how they get around not cutting him and still keeping him without putting him on the team. 

Guess so. Wonder what the injury is ? First I've heard. We stashed Mrk Rypien for 3 years on I R back in the day !

Is this 4 week minimum ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Wow, all year. Doesn't he actually have to be injured. SO- Does Brooks make the team !!!!!! ???

Don’t know if he actually needs to be injured. I hope Brooks makes it he has a little mean streak in him. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

Mark Bullock post- 

Braedon Daniels to IR means he’s out for the season I believe. For Washington though, means they get to stash him for a year when he wasn’t fully ready to play yet. Hopefully his injury isn’t too serious and he can develop behind the scenes.

They told him fake an injury of otherwise you’re getting cut. Sounds like a possibility. 😀

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mark Bullock post- 

Braedon Daniels to IR means he’s out for the season I believe. For Washington though, means they get to stash him for a year when he wasn’t fully ready to play yet. Hopefully his injury isn’t too serious and he can develop behind the scenes.

They told him fake an injury of otherwise you’re getting cut. Sounds like a possibility. 😀

I'd fake a "core muscle" injury or maybe vertigo . Hard to prove or not prove .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Wow, all year. Doesn't he actually have to be injured. SO- Does Brooks make the team !!!!!! ???

Ben Standig. 
Update: Braeden Daniels suffered a torn rotator cuff in the preseason finale, per source (@Matthew_Paras 1st I believe). That sucks.

They sure kept this quiet. Doesn’t matter. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

Well whether the injury is true or not will come out in the wash. I don't remember Daniels's rotator cuff injury being reported during or after the game, but so be it.

It's a way they can keep him, get him stronger when his shoulder is healed and develop him more for next year to be a better option as a reserve OT/OG.

I wonder with Milo being cut - and presumably being put on the practice squad if they're going to look to sign a vet LB, or just roll w/ 4 lbs this year.

My thought is with Milo being cut is that they are going to keep all 7 of those DEs I talked about earlier, and they'll continue to develop Andre Jones as both as a DE & a SLB.

Chase

Tez

Obada

JSW

Toohill

Jones

Henry

Edited by turtle28