Kamara stats were tarnished by Snead

Mid Iowa

What's up with Willie? He's just not with it this season. 

Fast forward to 2:17 on this tape, where Kamara takes a (slot?) screen, traverses across the field, and if Snead so much as taps the Corner, Kamara's in the endzone for the 3rd time in the game. Instead, Snead didn't even look at the guy, he instead blocked TE Hill and the guy Hill was going to block. 

I'm wondering who Snead will be playing for in 2018.

5 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

No training camp and Payton putting him in the dog house is why he hasn't played very well. He is usually a pretty good blocker and lapses happen from time to time.

Yeah, he just looked sooooo off. Kind of quitting on some plays and so on.

Oh well. Coleman's coming on strong, Tommy Lee Lewis is no slouch, Ginn Jr. found his hands, and of course there's always Thomas (and Kamara split out).

I think it’ll work out well for us. Willie is in a contract year, we might be able to sign him to a contract fitting of how he’s played this year rather than what we would’ve had to give him had he kept building on the last 2 years.

He’s definitely worth keeping and should come dirt cheap.

Snead is usually a good blocker.  His absence this year really hurt, especially earlier in the season with Cooks already gone, Ginn running hilarious routes, and Peterson getting too many touches while Kamara got way too few.

Hasn't he also been dealing with an injury?

44 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Hasn't he also been dealing with an injury?

Hammy, which can definitely linger. I haven’t noticed a lack of athleticism or anything, he just isn’t getting the looks he was before because Kamara is a better receiver and fills his slot role better.

He and Ingram are beasting and Fleener/Hill and Coleman are better mismatches... plus he doesn’t have the speed to be a deep threat like Ginn or TLL.

Moving forward with Kamara, Ingram, Thomas and our eventual replacement TE and deep threat (if need be) I don’t see a huge role for Snead in this offense. He’ll be cheap wherever he goes, but he might see the writing on the wall here and look to join a new team next year. 

Hammys are scary, because they pop when you think you're warm and fine, and so then you're afraid of them popping again. Maybe that's part of it, but who knows.

What I'd really like to see is to see him kind of turn it on in the last 3 games, enough to make us want him for next season, but not enough for another team to want him.

Thomas, Coleman (should be 1 & 2), Ginn (is basically 2 now, but aging), Lewis, Snead... and you know we'll grab a WR in the draft.

With the exception of Ginn, we're pretty young all around.

Ginn, Brees, Strief are the elders. Other than them, we're pretty young, right? Who am I missing? Unger, maybe?

Archived