2024 Draft

Ftn49

Outside of center, I haven't seen this front office and staff have any real predilection toward athleticism at guard or tackle...so as long as these guys don't totally bomb their testing, I don't think anything should take them out of the niners eyesight. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Outside of center, I haven't seen this front office and staff have any real predilection toward athleticism at guard or tackle...so as long as these guys don't totally bomb their testing, I don't think anything should take them out of the niners eyesight. 

I remember at the beginning, I thought they’d be into your slim athletes like Brian O’Neill or Kolton Miller. They’ve really looked to balanced body types in the 6’5 320 range as their ideal guy at both guard and tackle I think. And as long as you meet the athlete floor, they mostly care about zone blocking tape.

• Like 1

I was pretty sure that Fautanu was just going to get kicked inside by whomever  drafted him, but I think you absolutely have to fail him at tackle first. 

• Like 1

Beebe moved better than I think a lot of people thought he would. Big win for him. That was probably the biggest question on him. Never looked like a tremendous athlete 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Beebe moved better than I think a lot of people thought he would. Big win for him. That was probably the biggest question on him. Never looked like a tremendous athlete 

He was such a a dominant player in college forever 

• Like 2

So for those who don't know, the one combine event and performance that probably has the best track record of success to some degree of a hit on a player is nabbing a 4.47 shuttle time as an offensive lineman. Since 2010, it's had a pretty nice record of success (as measured by starts, regardless of draft position). 

There were 6 that hit it in this draft and as such, I would always star those guys as ones to keep an eye on during the draft if I were a gm...especially in later rounds. 

Puni also had a pretty good run at the senior bowl 

• Like 2

Best part is how so many folks said there's only like 15 true first round grades on players this draft and now they would be surprised if player X does not go top 15 or if player Y does not go top 20 lol. 

Heavy QB, tackle and WR first round. Top level corner and possibly a very good edge will drop further than anticipated. 

• Like 1

I think the following go in the first round before our pick: 

5 QBs

7-8 OTs

5 WRs

3-4 DEs

2 DTs

1 interior OL

1-2 TEs

3 CBs (Arnold/Mitchell/Wiggins) 

So we may have our choice at TE2, DE4, CB4 and OT8.

If we want tackle, despite how deep it is, I think we have to move up a bit.