2024 Draft

Ftn49

2 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Brian Thomas Jr would be too hard to pass up imo.  

I think the Bills take him, maybe even trade up to make it happen.. if not I'd be OK with it for sure.

So I traded back up to 106 lol. Basically, traded 103 for 123 & 127. Then traded 123 and 176 to get back up to 106. 

Going to take Bishop now. 

6 minutes ago, adamq said:

Random question, but does anyone have PFF+ and if so can you tell me how they grade Donald Parham as a blocker?

Donald Parham the TE from the Chargers? 

45.4 as a run blocker which would be the meaningful one. 

He's a 70+ as a pass protector, but this is much less important given how little tight ends actually pass block. He only had 31 pass protection snaps last year. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

So I traded back up to 106 lol. Basically, traded 103 for 123 & 127. Then traded 123 and 176 to get back up to 106. 

Going to take Bishop now. 

haha awesome.   You've drafted 4 ballers so far who can contribute right away, can't argue with that.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere

Not sure why I thought Bishop was like 215. Only 206. Would have to put on 15 pounds at linebacker even if his arms were long enough lol. Premise stays the same though. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Donald Parham the TE from the Chargers? 

45.4 as a run blocker which would be the meaningful one. 

He's a 70+ as a pass protector, but this is much less important given how little tight ends actually pass block. He only had 31 pass protection snaps last year. 

Yes, thank you. Really questioning what they do at 5 and if Bowers will fit or not. Josh Palmer and QJ is a pretty awful 1-2 punch at WR, so surely they will go Odunze or Nabers

Edited by adamq

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

OT is in a nice spot. Foster or Rosengarten would be great. Honestly suprised how Jaylen Wright has been gone so late in both GM mocks. Don't know what Edges are left but with what we have i don't think there is much point outside of just adding extra competition for Jackson and mostly Beal. I kinda like Booker, Murphy, Solomon and Kamara in that 4th/5th round but they also all have a ton of downsides. DT is also pretty decent i think around this spot with guys like Carter and Jackson but then i think there is some interesting guys that might be able to be had even later like Briggs.

yeah I like Briggs as a late round run stuffer.  

11 minutes ago, adamq said:

Yes, thank you. Really questioning what they do at 5 and if Bowers will fit or not. Josh Palmer and QJ is a pretty awful 1-2 punch at WR, so surely they will go Odunze or Nabers

I think given the strength of the class, I'd take one of those two....however, if they trade down, say to Minnesota for 11 and 23 so the Vikings get McCarthy....I think it would behoove them to take a receiver at 23 + 37 or 37 and 69. The class is good enough to support two potentially decent starters at those spots. 

• Like 1

Rosengarten and Jones went after our original pick. Tough luck there. Think Bishop would have gone as well. 

I could make a move up for Foster or Wallace, but I may wait to see if another one of them comes off the board before making a move. 

Also, just an actual note on the draft: 

Just now, Forge said:

Rosengarten and Jones went after our original pick. Tough luck there. Think Bishop would have gone as well. 

I could make a move up for Foster or Wallace, but I may wait to see if another one of them comes off the board before making a move. 

Also, just an actual note on the draft: 

I don't trust Sweat at all.  I would use a 4th on him MAYBE.  How the hell can you get arrested before the freaking NFL draft that will set your life up?  Not a good sign at all. 

1 minute ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I don't trust Sweat at all.  I would use a 4th on him MAYBE.  How the hell can you get arrested before the freaking NFL draft that will set your life up?  Not a good sign at all. 

I feel like it happens once a year or something.  Dak, for example, got hit with a DUI right before the draft. PJ Williams, Alec Ogletree. 

Obviously last year we had the Jalen Carter drama. Stetson Bennett also got hit with a DUI before the draft. 

Sometimes it's just stupidity, sometimes its something more (

Obviously with Sweat, you're taking him as a likely 40% snap player, so that's going to limit his upside. I know that he was getting a lot of second round love, but wouldn't surprise me if he would have been there in round 3 even before this. I don't think he'll fall beyond round 3 though. 

It's interesting to me how people fixate on Rosengarten's bad game vs Michigan, but they seem to ignore Morgan's game vs Washington.  In my eyes, it was a disaster for both.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere

A to Z just did his breakdown on all the OL in the draft.  I love this guy's videos.  Couple notes:

• Has Frazier in the 3rd due to athleticism
  • Says Puni can possibly play all 5 spots, pretty high on his potential
  • Has Kingsley late 2nd but has a lot of critiques, gets lost, bad fundamentals
  • Loves Haynes, has him early/mid 2nd, perfect for zone 
  • Guyton extremely raw, will have to sit a year, early/mid 2nd
  • High on Rosengarten as a mid 2nd.  Great movement skills, would be a first if not for arm length
  • Morgan mid 2nd, will likely play Guard but is susceptible to bull rushes so might not be a Guard either

I don't think there's a player whose ranking is as varied as Rosengarten.  I've seen him all the way in the early 4th in some areas, to early 2nd in some. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WhyAmIHere said:

A to Z just did his breakdown on all the OL in the draft.  I love this guy's videos.  Couple notes:

• Has Frazier in the 3rd due to athleticism
  • Says Puni can possibly play all 5 spots, pretty high on his potential
  • Has Kingsley late 2nd but has a lot of critiques, gets lost, bad fundamentals
  • Loves Haynes, has him early/mid 2nd, perfect for zone 
  • Guyton extremely raw, will have to sit a year, early/mid 2nd
  • High on Rosengarten as a mid 2nd.  Great movement skills, would be a first if not for arm length
  • Morgan mid 2nd, will likely play Guard but is susceptible to bull rushes so might not be a Guard either

I don't think there's a player whose ranking is as varied as Rosengarten.  I've seen him all the way in the early 4th in some areas, to early 2nd in some. 

Can’t recommend the AtoZ videos and website draft board enough. The commentary and analysis is worth it’s weight in gold.

• Like 1