Week 1: Texans @ Ravens

Ray Reed

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

yikes (click the link for more clips, it's a thread of videos and good analysis of how bad our offense looked)

There were also several instances of the playclock getting to 0 before/right at the snap. Definitely excusable for the first game of a new offense but as Ravens fans we have PTSD with that so if it’s week 7/8 and that’s still happening…it’s riot time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

There were also several instances of the playclock getting to 0 before/right at the snap. Definitely excusable for the first game of a new offense but as Ravens fans we have PTSD with that so if it’s week 7/8 and that’s still happening…it’s riot time 

I found this to be quite the opposite of last year. It felt like most the times when the play clock was running down wasn’t because of breaking the huddle late, but because Lamar was making checks at the line. It felt like the offense was quickly in and out of the huddle with multiple shots of the ravens in the huddle getting the call while the play clock sat still at 25 waiting for the ball to be placed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

I found this to be quite the opposite of last year. It felt like most the times when the play clock was running down wasn’t because of breaking the huddle late, but because Lamar was making checks at the line. It felt like the offense was quickly in and out of the huddle with multiple shots of the ravens in the huddle getting the call while the play clock sat still at 25 waiting for the ball to be placed.

Yeah, I rewatched the game last night and most of the instances of the playclock getting down to 0 were because Lamar was making checks, but it seemed like he was doing them a little too late in the playclock. On several instances guys were still motioning/moving around and not set at 2-1-0 because the audible came so late. I'm confident that will get ironed out as Lamar gets more experience in the offense. Like you said, at least they aren't breaking the huddle with like 5 seconds left like last year

15 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Lamar audibled with <5 seconds left in the play clock AT LEAST 4 times and every time I was like "Lamar...WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!"

• Like 1