Week 1: Texans @ Ravens

Ray Reed

Texans vs. Ravens Highlights | Week 11

Date: 9/10/23 1:00pm

Series Record: Ravens lead 10-2 (lol damn)

Random Predictions:

• Nelson Agholor 2 TDs
  • Texans finish with more sacks than the Ravens
  • Kyle Hamilton first career INT
  • Offense turns the ball over on the first drive
  • Texans rush for less than 70 yards as a team
  • Ravens win 29-13

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Me thinking about our offense against the Texans defense

YARN | We could kill them. | The Longest Yard (2005) | Video gifs by quotes  | 8648bad2 | 紗

Apparently last year they were 5th (?) against the pass but gave up 170 YPG rushing so….JK Dobbins/Gus Edwards type of game potentially? Wouldn’t be the most exciting game plan but F it lets hopefully win the game without putting too much of our new offense on tape 

• Like 1

For whatever reason I have a bad feeling about this game. Our defense usually plays so conservatively to start games - especially with lesser-known opponents. That along with the fact that our starting corners are old men made of glass (potentially) does not bode well. I think this comes down to how early our offense clicks. I wouldn't be surprised by a few early miscommunications but hopefully we can sprinkle in some big plays as well. Prediction - 27 - 23 Texans

3 minutes ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

For whatever reason I have a bad feeling about this game. Our defense usually plays so conservatively to start games - especially with lesser-known opponents. That along with the fact that our starting corners are old men made of glass (potentially) does not bode well. I think this comes down to how early our offense clicks. I wouldn't be surprised by a few early miscommunications but hopefully we can sprinkle in some big plays as well. Prediction - 27 - 23 Texans

I don't have a bad feeling about the outcome of this game. The only bad feeling is potential injuries. There is no chance we lose.

Don't @ me.

15 hours ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

Week 1 Lamar + at home + rookie QB = We are going to win

• Like 1

My assessment is that the Texans might have a tough defense, but I'm pretty confident their offense will be bad. 

So while I would love to see Lamar throw the ball around, we're probably best off grinding out some FGs until the Texans feel pressure to score in the 3rd or 4th quarter, then pounce on some INTs and blow the game open. 

It might take a couple weeks for the starters to really start feeling comfortable within the new offense. I'm not going to discount that transition and just assume they'll be full steam ahead right out of the gate. There's been every indication that the offense is ready to explode upon debut and the Texans aren't exactly the 2000s Ravens, but I'm still anticipating some growing pains to start the year. 

Key Points of Interest

- The new WR core: That's what everyone is talking about and that's what the focus was this offseason. Zay Flowers is the most hyped offensive rookie since Jamal Lewis, let's see what he's got for us Week 1. 

- Todd Monken: Monken brings championship pedigree, adaptability, and a brand new system. This will be our first real look at the machine he's trying to build. How involved will the backs be as pass catchers? How many 'layups' will Lamar get a game? Does he dip his toes into the designate run waters Week 1? So many questions and curiosities will be answered soon enough. 

- Rotation at DI: Buike, Pierce, Washington, Jones- 4 savages looking to get after it. I'm super excited to see how they look to start the season. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No Marky Mark + probable rain/storm conditions = it's time to see what Todd Monken has up his sleeve for a running game and how much of Roman's system he's kept around.

Actually not really supposed to be raining now once kickoff rolls around