Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Well that's why I'm asking. What changed?? How come Mooney was a good weapon 2 years ago & a great late round pick and now he's not good enough for Fields? Why does Fields need 3 good weapons when most teams don't have that many?

Brock Purdy has:

Brandon Aiyuk

Deebo Samuel

George Kittle

Christian McCaffery

Dak Prescott has:

CeeDee Lamb

Michael Gallup

Brandin Cooks

Jake "don't call me Turd" Ferguson

Tony Pollard

Jalen Hurts has:

A.J. Brown

Devonta Smith

Dallas Goedert

D'Andre Swift

Tua Tagovailoa has:

Tyreek Hill

Jaylen Waddle

Raheem Mostert

etc

On 12/18/2023 at 12:28 PM, beardown3231 said:

Fields had 3.37 seconds to throw yesterday, second highest in the NFL

I bet if he had the Cowboys OL it would've been an offensive show like we've never seen!

Ah you love painting only one side of the picture, don't you?

and

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Brock Purdy has:

Brandon Aiyuk

Deebo Samuel

George Kittle

Christian McCaffery

Dak Prescott has:

CeeDee Lamb

Michael Gallup

Brandin Cooks

Jake "don't call me Turd" Ferguson

Tony Pollard

Jalen Hurts has:

A.J. Brown

Devonta Smith

Dallas Goedert

D'Andre Swift

Tua Tagovailoa has:

Tyreek Hill

Jaylen Waddle

Raheem Mostert

etc

That's not "most teams"

How many does Love have? Reed and...? Mahomes has Kelce and....? Allen has Diggs and Cook? Herbert has Allen and Williams but those 2 are always hurt. Stafford has Kupp and Nacua and...?

57 minutes ago, G08 said:

Ah you love painting only one side of the picture, don't you?

and

Your point is what? On AVERAGE he had 3.37 seconds to throw, second most of any QB. Let's assume he was pressured on 20/45 dropbacks because the OL was awful. That means he had ample time to throw on 25 dropbacks. 

Now let's actually put that to the side because we all know all 20 pressures weren't blown assignments. Is it possible 4-5 were him holding the ball too long? Presumably if you hold it for 4 seconds and then get hit/sacked, that's still a pressure, right?

Edited by beardown3231

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Your point is what?

My point is that on 7 of his drop backs he was pressured in 2.5 seconds or less. How the hell do you play QB like that let alone trust your line?

Let me ask you this directly: do you think the OL play was good last week? Do you feel that we were not overmatched compared to Cleveland's defense?

31 minutes ago, G08 said:

You're right, it's not most teams. It's the good teams.

Where are Buffalo's 3 great weapons? Where are Baltimore's? LAR's? Chiefs? Chargers? Jaguars?

31 minutes ago, G08 said:

My point is that on 7 of his drop backs he was pressured in 2.5 seconds or less. How the hell do you play QB like that let alone trust your line?

Let me ask you this directly: do you think the OL play was good last week? Do you feel that we were not overmatched compared to Cleveland's defense?

I don't think the OL played well. I said as much postgame. Nobody played "fine" offensively. Cleveland's pass rush overwhelms a lot of OL's

Edited by beardown3231

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Where are Buffalo's 3 great weapons? Where are Baltimore's? LAR's? Chiefs? Chargers? Jaguars?

Buffalo has Stefon Diggs, Dalton Kincaid, James Cook etc.

The Chiefs are a terrible example, look at what's happened to Patrick Mahomes and that offense THIS SEASON without Tyreek Hill.

Jacksonville has Calvin Ridley, Evan Engram, Christina Kirk and Travis Etienne (by the way, Trevor Lawrence has a lower TD% than Justin Fields, shhh)

The Chargers are averaging 1.1 points per game more than the Chicago Bears

etc etc etc

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

The Chiefs are a terrible example, look at what's happened to Patrick Mahomes and that offense THIS SEASON without Tyreek Hill.

Jacksonville has Calvin Ridley, Evan Engram, Christina Kirk and Travis Etienne (by the way, Trevor Lawrence has a lower TD% than Justin Fields, shhh)

etc etc etc

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

etc etc etc

Kincaid has like 90 more yards than Mooney

Chiefs are a terrible example? How come? They didn't have Hill last year and won the Super Bowl

My god you guys are obsessed with Trevor Lawrence. I already said a page or two back I'd be saying the same about him if he was the QB here. Those weapons are Ridley (inconsistent), Kirk (been hurt + we all laughed at that deal) and Engram is nothing but a JAG.. yet they're still in the top third of the NFL offensively

The offense is averaging 1.1 ppg more than the Bears because Allen and Williams are consistently hurt, the coach was a loser, the QB missed the last game and Ekeler stinks now. Are you insinuating you'd take Fields over Herbert?

I'm not going to do this with you all night. As I said earlier in the tjread we did this same nonsense with Trubisky. If they keep Fields, obviously I hope I'm wrong. I just know how "Moore was going to make Fields a stud and he's the Bears version of Diggs to BUF and Brown to PHI" and now all of a sudden he needs MORE. That's your opinion. Clearly we'll never agree

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Chiefs are a terrible example? How come?

Did you read what I wrote regarding the Chiefs and this year? He still has one of the greatest TEs to ever play the game at his disposal and it's clearly not enough.

Andy Reid's Chiefs offense is the worst it's been since 2016, Patrick Mahomes is having the worst statistical season of his career, etc.

How many more examples do you want lol

Edited by G08