Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

Sounds like Jones is still in town. At this point I think we should sign him, if for nothing else to have that extra body. When coming out for the draft they discussed he may have the best hands in the draft.  He’s a year removed from an 80+ catch season and had more catches than any receiver not named Rice on our team last year while only playing 9 games. He could be an add that pays off while Worthy gets NFL ready.

Probably unpopular opinion, not even sure how I feel about it.  But what about Michael Thomas as an option without expectations? Can’t stay healthy but maybe a change of scenery helps? I think he could get injured signing the contract, but looking for any kind of help.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2024 at 10:21 AM, onejayhawk said:

Mecole Hardman returns. That makes three vertical threats. As a WR2 Hardman was weak. As a hedge against a long Rice suspension, WR4, and potential ST player there is more value. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/reports_wr_mecole_hardman_rejoins_chiefs/s1_17049_40450356

I see your point but I think this is pretty indicative that regardless of what we’re saying spots 4-7 just aren’t there.

Romegio looks good, but is it good enough?

Ross - yawn

Toney - literally hurt us by playing last Year

Moore - Might make the team just because of contract

Watson - surest thing to make rosters because somebody has to

Hardmann - I don’t think we bring him back if we don’t think he beats out everyone but Watson plus as you said, knows the playbook and can fill for Rice.  Still no X receiver.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I see your point but I think this is pretty indicative that regardless of what we’re saying spots 4-7 just aren’t there.

Romegio looks good, but is it good enough?

Ross - yawn

Toney - literally hurt us by playing last Year

Moore - Might make the team just because of contract

Watson - surest thing to make rosters because somebody has to

Hardmann - I don’t think we bring him back if we don’t think he beats out everyone but Watson plus as you said, knows the playbook and can fill for Rice.  Still no X receiver.

• Romegio - Looks like another Byron Pringle. I'll take that
  • Ross - This is it. He has shown enough to get another chance but that's all.
  • Toney - The staff likes what they see this season. Contract years can do that. 
  • Moore - 3rd year is the usual cutoff. If he does not make a big step forward his SB TD will be his legacy. 
  • Watson - Much better than most fans understand. He's the blocker and garbage man. That's useful and occasionally a big play. 
  • Hardmann - He knows a role. As WR4, he has vale, As the standing for Rice, even more value.

It's not a great group but finding 2 ST players and sometimes contributors is doable.

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:
  • Romegio - Looks like another Byron Pringle. I'll take that
  • Ross - This is it. He has shown enough to get another chance but that's all.
  • Toney - The staff likes what they see this season. Contract years can do that. 
  • Moore - 3rd year is the usual cutoff. If he does not make a big step forward his SB TD will be his legacy. 
  • Watson - Much better than most fans understand. He's the blocker and garbage man. That's useful and occasionally a big play. 
  • Hardmann - He knows a role. As WR4, he has vale, As the standing for Rice, even more value.

It's not a great group but finding 2 ST players and sometimes contributors is doable.

Don’t really help the offense though. But I will say Hollywood existing makes it better than our start to last year. Already getting nervous about Worthy being exactly what I thought he was though.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Don’t really help the offense though. But I will say Hollywood existing makes it better than our start to last year. Already getting nervous about Worthy being exactly what I thought he was though.

What are you saying? We have three deep with Hollywood/Rice/Watson. We can cover with Hollywood/Hardman/Watson until Rice is back.

Either way, KT/Moore/Ross/etc. is a minor point that shows up most in ST.

Edited by onejayhawk

4 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Frail

I get the concerns because of his size but I'm gonna wait til the pads are on to worry. I'm willing to bet the hammy thing had more to do with being unsigned and being out there running around than anything.

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I get the concerns because of his size but I'm gonna wait til the pads are on to worry. I'm willing to bet the hammy thing had more to do with being unsigned and being out there running around than anything.

Several months of closely supervised diet and exercise programs should net significant gains.

However, I do not expect much from him this year, but maybe for the playoffs.