Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I felt like he was always missing a game or two, but apparently it was more just missing from having an impact. Missed one game last year. Maybe he was banged up  more but played through it.  Not sure why my brain went there. But with 27 catches as a career high.  Not a world beater, though certainly has a role in our offense.

My thoughts on Watson are well known in this thread lol. He’s a WR4 special teamer who gives you hope because of size and athletic ability to get open and chemistry with Mahomes. His drop rate is as bad as MVS and he doesn’t fight for the football. 

I was at his first game as a Chiefs in AZ a couple years ago. First target on a simple two yard curl yard route hes open and immediately dropped it. Was still a great game though, the family next to me was from Topeka and the women were bawling proclaiming their love for Mahomes. 

Edited by Chiefer

Posted (edited)

Quite honestly  ...

Watson is fast, but not shifty. With the two new dudes in ... his role may change a bit.

Three fast guys on the field is a challenge. Number 3 of them being faster than any of your CB  ... may create an issue, if #1 and #2 occupy your top DB. oh .. and then there are two TE ready to catch the ball.

Ripple down effect.

Offense will be different this year.

Edited by KC_Guy

56 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Quite honestly  ...

Watson is fast, but not shifty. With the two new dudes in ... his role may change a bit.

Three fast guys on the field is a challenge. Number 3 of them being faster than any of your CB  ... may create an issue, if #1 and #2 occupy your top DB. oh .. and then there are two TE ready to catch the ball.

Ripple down effect.

Offense will be different this year.

Agreed. The offense will be different this year. 

Watson is your glue guy. He is the receiver of last resort, but he plays rubs and sort-of picks, blocks downfield, and gives PM an everyone-is-covered option. That's his job. At the start of the season--while Rice is suspended--we need a WR2. Auditions are open but the returning names get first attempt.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Well, so Boyd signs elsewhere, Beckham signs elsewhere. And it’s safe to say we may have seen the end of Rice in KC.

Far from it. This is where the Chiefs have always come up big where it counted...unless the player was BS-ing them.

That does not appear to be the case.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

So who’s left, does Zay Jones upgrade? Renfrow?

There are a lot of not-quite-done options. Toney is on a contract year. Skyy is in his third year. Justyn Ross has a chance to throw his helmet into the ring. All of them come ahead of Zay and others.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

This is where the Chiefs have always come up big where it counted

In keeping guys we should have cut? If he gets charged with assault (I agree wait and see) that could be multiple assault charges in just over a months time.  Keep in mind there are certainly more things from the accident he could have been charged with. Depending how this all plays out now, there is a realistic chance of jail time.

To me, he’s shown he doesn’t care about anyone but himself. Certainly doesn’t care about the team, clearly doesn’t care about other people. Painful to lose a young talented player, but at this point, if he was at the club. I’m having significant conversations about cutting him.

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Toney is on a contract year. Skyy is in his third year. Justyn Ross has a chance to throw his helmet into the ring. All of them come ahead of Zay and others.

Ross no longer factors into any equation until he actually proves ANYTHING, he’s somewhere behind Nico Romiggio on the depth chart. I may consider a back up LS more valuable, and I loved the guys potential. But it seems that may be all there was.  You can basically take Ross out and put Sky’s name in this paragraph except he was a draft pick.

It appears Toney will get to stay another year at this point, which is tragic because while the other two had no impact on the team last year, Toney’s was legitimately negative.  He may single handedly have cost us 2 victories last season, then threw the organization under the bus.

Edited by EMAW_KSU
Fixed

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

In keeping guys were solid have cut? If he gets charged with assault (I agree wait and see) that could be multiple assault charges in just over a months time.  Keep in mind there are certainly more things from the accident he could have been charged with. Depending how this all plays out now, there is a realistic chance of jail time.

To me, he’s shown he doesn’t care about anyone but himself. Certainly doesn’t care about the team, clearly doesn’t care about other people. Painful to lose a young talented player, but at this point, if he was at the club. I’m having significant conversations about cutting him.

Ross no longer factors into any equation until he actually proves ANYTHING, he’s somewhere behind Nico Romiggio on the depth chart. I may consider a back up LS more valuable, and I loved the guys potential. But it seems that may be all there was.  You can basically take Ross out and put Sky’s name in this paragraph except he was a draft pick.

It appears Toney will get to stay another year at this point, which is tragic because while the other two had no impact on the team last year, Toney’s was legitimately negative.  He may single handedly have cost us 2 victories last season, then threw the organization under the bus.

Say what?

The roster has several players who failed trials last season.

They get another shot. Cope with it.

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Say what?

The roster has several players who failed trials last season.

They get another shot. Cope with it.

Sorry about that, it’s not one year though with these guys. Skyy and Ross are 3rd year in the system.  Toney, well he’s obviously got talent, the question with him is holding it together and playing football, then staying healthy.

If that’s who we have, oh…hooray.  But I’m not going to act like ANY of those guys couldn’t use an upgrade.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Would love to grab Zay with Rasheed legal issues. Boyd would’ve been real nice at that price too

Yeah, it’s very unfortunate that we pulled out of the process to then have this news drop and have him go to another AFC team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I think this shows a shift in our stance on Rice. Monday we talked about how we were happy with our WR room, note bringing in more WRs. Rice may not get cut if this turns out to be a verbal argument, but again it’s all his actions that are bringing this about.

Asinine decisions caused the accident, photographers see you in the club after that while still having open charges pending of course they’re going to try and get that shot and get that money. So now this happens.

How long before something else?

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Last years WR Corp has to be the dumbest of all time right? Like, how is it even possible we won a SB with that crew of flunkies?

Spags and the D got us there, 15 made sure we won it.

Or if you ask opposing teams, it’s the Refs, Goodell, etc.