Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I’m all for dropping Toney and or Moore and bringing Juju in. Better player, better mentor. Had a horrible season last year with bums throwing the football, think he missed some games…still would have been 3rd in receptions for KC.

On 8/8/2024 at 10:16 PM, Chiefer said:

I honestly think he’s a longshot to make it. Dude just can’t stay healthy. He also can’t stick at any position in particular. Talent is there but outside of cap space it doesn’t make sense to keep him. 

Oh, I’m with you. I think they’re trying him anywhere they can to keep his talent. But carrying him over others who are physically and mentally available to play just doesn’t make sense.

Ouch. Losing Marquis Brown stings. 

That said, it makes some things possible. Our initial 53-man roster will not contain Brown, giving us one open roster spot. The one making a pitch to take advantage is Justyn Ross. 

Given:

• Rice
  • Watson
  • Hardman
  • XW

Likely:

• Skyy

Others:

• Ross
  • KT
  • Lawrence
  • Remigio

More information on Marquis Brown. He will be out for 4 - 6 weeks if things go to plan. That puts him out for 1 - 3 games of the regular season. With injuries to Watson and others, Justyn Ross is making a bid for a roster spot.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_get_bad_news_regarding_the_injury_status_of_top_wr/s1_13132_40742145
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/one_bubble_roster_player_is_continuing_to_make_plays_during_training_camp_for_the_chiefs_but_it_may_be_too_late/s1_17313_40742456

29 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

More information on Marquis Brown. He will be out for 4 - 6 weeks if things go to plan. That puts him out for 1 - 3 games of the regular season. With injuries to Watson and others, Justyn Ross is making a bid for a roster spot.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_get_bad_news_regarding_the_injury_status_of_top_wr/s1_13132_40742145
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/one_bubble_roster_player_is_continuing_to_make_plays_during_training_camp_for_the_chiefs_but_it_may_be_too_late/s1_17313_40742456

Yay…more unavoidable nothingness on show. See previous comments on Juju. Veteran, knows the system, could actually contribute by using the roster spot.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Yay…more unavoidable nothingness on show. See previous comments on Juju. Veteran, knows the system, could actually contribute by using the roster spot.

If and when the team shows interest in JuJu, we can talk. 

Ross is making catches in traffic and in the red-zone. That's more concrete.

37 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Are you talking about Justyn Ross?

Last summer he made some spectacular catches but he did not look great. Two years ago he was hurt.

I guess I was more referring to the fact that you and I are always excited about him, only for him to do nothing.  All potential no progress.  Guess this is likely Toney’s last shot to actually do something. Even Andy saying he has to show he can be here at this point.

3 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I guess I was more referring to the fact that you and I are always excited about him, only for him to do nothing.  All potential no progress.  Guess this is likely Toney’s last shot to actually do something. Even Andy saying he has to show he can be here at this point.

This is the first year that Ross has shown anything but sticky fingers. 

KT does seem to be on life support. 

It probably means that Skyy is on the roster.