Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

Just now, Rtnldave said:

Things happen like that in games. You're using that as excuses for Daks poor play and decision making. Yeah, those things happened. But Dak is the guy with the ball, his finger on the trigger. Had he made better throws or quicker decisions, those plays would not have mattered. 

It’s a team sport, lots went wrong that game , but let’s put it all on Dak, cool 😎 

17 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Just keep in mind that the guys who have won a Super Bowl since he was drafted are:

• Nick Foles (not even in the NFL a few seasons later)
  • Tom Brady x2 (GOAT, retired)
  • Patrick Mahomes x2 (HOFer in the making)
  • Matthew Stafford (34yr old in his 14th? season)

Meanwhile Dak is only on his 7th season in the NFL.

If you go further back in time, you've got Roethlisberger winning x2, Brees winning 1, Rogers winning 1, Eli winning 2, Flacco wining 1, R.Wilson winning 1, Peyton winning 2, Brady winning 3 more, and clowns like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.

I may be a little off but I think Drew was 32 when he won his first SB and Peyton was 30.  Dak just turned 30 so he easily has the ceiling to win a Super Bowl in the next contract as his game relies far less on his legs than that of a Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen.

That's a fair point. But I could make the same point with guys like:

Romo, Allen, Ryan, etc.

And, im not saying he has to win a SB, I'm saying get us to the next step- NFCCG first, that's progress, then go after the SB title.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I don't know how you can even question it at this point.  Finding a guy like Dak who's currently a Top 5 QB in the NFL and making a run at the MVP this season is going to be worth whatever Top money out there says he's worth, otherwise you're risking spending another 20 years in purgatory with the Quincy Carters.  The fact we hit on back to back mid-late round QB's as a franchise is nothing short of a miracle.

Go ask Philly if they're currently regretting the contract they just gave Hurts after 1 good year.

41 minutes ago, PincheJimmy said:

Well, he has back to back 12-5 season since that signing and won an East title. This year , he’s having his best year yet, so yeah, I think he’s been worth the contract that he signed. If getting to the Super Bowl is the end all, then 90 percent of QB’s are vastly overpaid 🤷‍♂️

I agree! Dak has been clear, no-brainer worth the contract he signed. I think it’s likely he’ll be worth the next one, too.

I get it that being a long-suffering Cowboys fan is part of your identity. It’s part of mine, too. And Dallas winning 12 games a year and playing like a contender threatens that identity. What will life be like with Dallas as champions for the first time in 30 years? It’s scary.

Just realize that you have a distaste for Dak because he’s a threat to that life as you know it.

And then move forward, and be thankful you have a legit MVP candidate at the helm of the team you love.

Well this got off the rails quickly.   I will admit that I am the main one (maybe only one) it seems who worries about Dak in cold bad weather as mentioned but I still say give him a contract.
 I also have been a solid Dak guy through everything.   But I also see things differently then most and am not as jaded over the years of failure. Yes I watched us lose to Baltimore in superbowl LIVE at the time. The only football game we got on TV that year.  Yes I am a very long time fan.  And feel Danny White never got his proper due.  How would this board view White who has done what Dak has never done and did it three years in a row????
Now I also have Dak as the MVP but he will lose it to Lamar and there RUN centric offense.  With a D that actually is elite.   Unlike ours which unless is getting turn overs struggles to get the other team off the field and gives up field position and a lot of points (mostly FG’s) regularly putting a ton of pressure on the O and had a chance to win the last road game with a stop and failed and frankly got lucky to get the final stop in our last game.  
It also bugs me that Purdy gets a lot of prop over Dak when Purdy is not even the most valuable offensive player on his own TEAM by most people.  

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I get it that being a long-suffering Cowboys fan is part of your identity. It’s part of mine, too. And Dallas winning 12 games a year and playing like a contender threatens that identity. What will life be like with Dallas as champions for the first time in 30 years? It’s scary.

Just realize that you have a distaste for Dak because he’s a threat to that life as you know it.

And then move forward, and be thankful you have a legit MVP candidate at the helm of the team you love.

Now see, you're labeling me. I do not have a distaste for Dak. I stated, multiple times, that he has proven me wrong since the Ariz loss. I am giving him his due, well earned.

However, if he CANNOT perform better in the post season beyon the Div round, its all for nothing. He hasn't improved to the point to where he can compete with better talent in spite of his maturation this year.

If he does perform better, than I'm happy to be wrong and I will add onto my previous statement that he has proven me wrong "so far" to he has proven me wrong period!

You are all getting your panties in a bunch over potential. A good season against bad teams doesn't prove a damn thing.

Truth is, the potential has always been there, for the past 7 years. All I'm saying is he needs to show the 347, 3 TDs, 0 TOs against better teams in post season play.

Otherwise it's the same old story. It's Tony Romo all over again. And to be fair, I said the same things about him.

As far as inserting Lance. That was a knee jerk reaction after week 3. I admitted that.

But since you are all so convinced he sucks and would have ruined our season, tell me, why did we trade a 4th rounder for him?

And if Dak is confused and off target and reverts back to his post season foibles, what do we do next year? What in the hell is Lance doing on the team when we have a capable, procen back up in Cooper?

That's all im saying. I don't hate Dak, I don't pray for his demise, I don't root against him or stick pins in a little Dak Prescott doll.

All I'm saying is that all his success this year needs to translate to the post season.

Why is that so insulting to you all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Now see, you're labeling me. I do not have a distaste for Dak. I stated, multiple times, that he has proven me wrong since the Ariz loss. I am giving him his due, well earned.

However, if he CANNOT perform better in the post season beyon the Div round, its all for nothing. He hasn't improved to the point to where he can compete with better talent in spite of his maturation this year.

If he does perform better, than I'm happy to be wrong and I will add onto my previous statement that he has proven me wrong "so far" to he has proven me wrong period!

You are all getting your panties in a bunch over potential. A good season against bad teams doesn't prove a damn thing.

Truth is, the potential has always been there, for the past 7 years. All I'm saying is he needs to show the 347, 3 TDs, 0 TOs against better teams in post season play.

Otherwise it's the same old story. It's Tony Romo all over again. And to be fair, I said the same things about him.

As far as inserting Lance. That was a knee jerk reaction after week 3. I admitted that.

But since you are all so convinced he sucks and would have ruined our season, tell me, why did we trade a 4th rounder for him?

And if Dak is confused and off target and reverts back to his post season foibles, what do we do next year? What in the hell is Lance doing on the team when we have a capable, procen back up in Cooper?

That's all im saying. I don't hate Dak, I don't pray for his demise, I don't root against him or stick pins in a little Dak Prescott doll.

All I'm saying is that all his success this year needs to translate to the post season.

Why is that so insulting to you all?

You see this take is what frustrates me a lot and I understand as Dak was anything but sharp against SF last year. Still i would say NO one sharp against SF and that doesn’t excuse Dak but it means that it was not  him or only him in fact I think we win if Pollard is healthy.  I also would put out there that it is kinda hard for a QB to be SHARP when he is getting zero from his OL and WR’s.  Ask Mahomes about this season and the game he lost to Cincy in the playoffs about doing it all himself!!!!  
I would hazard a guess if our D performed like we expect this years D too and SF D performed against US last year that in any of Dak recent playoff runs this team would have made many champion ship games with Dak as QB. And possible TWO superbowls.  See the Rams loss where Dak was fine the GB loss as well.  

Basically my take is any year we lost in the playoffs if we switch QB’s with the the team that beat us you would not switch results except maybe the GB loss, but if you switch coaches as well then hmmm.  That was the game I felt our coach played for a tie at the end instead of trying to win the game. Which ended up leaving too much time for GB 

that is why I feel Dak has not been the primary reason this team has not reached any NFC championship games in the past

2 hours ago, quiller said:

You see this take is what frustrates me a lot and I understand as Dak was anything but sharp against SF last year. Still i would say NO one sharp against SF and that doesn’t excuse Dak but it means that it was not  him or only him in fact I think we win if Pollard is healthy.  I also would put out there that it is kinda hard for a QB to be SHARP when he is getting zero from his OL and WR’s.  Ask Mahomes about this season and the game he lost to Cincy in the playoffs about doing it all himself!!!!  
I would hazard a guess if our D performed like we expect this years D too and SF D performed against US last year that in any of Dak recent playoff runs this team would have made many champion ship games with Dak as QB. And possible TWO superbowls.  See the Rams loss where Dak was fine the GB loss as well.  

All great points. I'm just pointing out that in spite of those points, the plays were there to be made. At that point, it was on Prescott and him alone. And he didn't answer the bell. He hung in best he could to be sure, but a late throw to Lamb resulted in an INT = indecisiveness.

Accuracy issues showed up on the deep pass to Lamb and the dead duck he threw to Gallup.

Not seeing the wide open Hilton and missing a walk in TD instead throwing to Lamb in double coverage, again is on Prescott.

People are going to draw their own conclusions, and that's their prerogative, I just want to see this team take the next step for the 1st time in 27 years.