Futures of Antonio Gibson, Curtis Samuel & Dyami Brown

turtle28

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I think Gibson is going to look for a  change of scenery at the end of the day. Someone that maybe promises him more WR

Probably but, I don’t think he’s a starter anywhere at RB or WR. At least not a starter at RB where he’s going to get 20 plus carries a game. He’s a hybrid player & a return man; A pass catching/change of pace back & a #3 or 4 WR on probably every team.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Probably but, I don’t think he’s a starter anywhere at RB or WR. At least not a starter at RB where he’s going to get 20 plus carries a game. He’s a hybrid player & a return man; A pass catching/change of pace back & a #3 or 4 WR on probably every team.

No disagreements from me anywhere. I just think he tries it fresh somewhere else. 

On 9/20/2023 at 7:22 PM, taylor made said:

All 3 are replaceable I suppose but it'll be tough to replace all 3 in one offseason. I'm not sure you can lose both AG and Curtis Samuel in one off-season. I think it comes down to $$$. I don't want to be forced to draft both RB and WR in the first three rounds. If Chris Rodriguez shows something then I'd be more comfortable letting them go. We've needed a bigger WR for what seems like 20 years as well

I think this would be doable if they weren’t going to have to pour major assets into the OL.

But they’re going to have to be looking hard at both OT and OG, and for tackles at least you’re looking at a major investment to get a good one. Getting a good starting OT is realistically going to eat up either all the cap space they have left after dealing with the DE situation or the 1st round pick, and that’s without even touching OG. 

To add on replacing three major offensive skill players (Samuel, Gibson, and presumably Thomas), in addition to the top depth receiver in Brown? That’s a huge ask for one offseason.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think this would be doable if they weren’t going to have to pour major assets into the OL.

But they’re going to have to be looking hard at both OT and OG, and for tackles at least you’re looking at a major investment to get a good one. Getting a good starting OT is realistically going to eat up either all the cap space they have left after dealing with the DE situation or the 1st round pick, and that’s without even touching OG. 

To add on replacing three major offensive skill players (Samuel, Gibson, and presumably Thomas), in addition to the top depth receiver in Brown? That’s a huge ask for one offseason.

And this is why you don't throw away 2nd round picks on back ups. Both Mathis and Martin could be Luke Goedeke and O'Cyrus Torrence. I'm still stunned they didn't pick Torrence knowing the huge hole we had on the interior of the OL. 

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

They need to draft a LT, not sign one.

I think they can re-sign Brown rather easily to be their #3 WR. 

Gibson & Samuel, it depends on the cost/what offers they get in FA.

It's a big season for Turner & Bates. If they play well then they will just need to draft mid to late round depth at TE.

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And this is why you don't throw away 2nd round picks on back ups. Both Mathis and Martin could be Luke Goedeke and O'Cyrus Torrence. I'm still stunned they didn't pick Torrence knowing the huge hole we had on the interior of the OL. 

The only reason I can come up with that they didn't draft Torrence is bc they didn't think he was athletic enough for their screen game. We run a a lot of screens, to our WRs, RBs & even our TEs. Charles & Cosmi can get out and open up a path on the edges downfield, they must not have felt that Torrence wouldn't be a good option at it.