Colts @ Ravens

Warhorse

6 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

That safety pretty much ends the game. Gardner played ok. Moss was pretty good. Kyle Hamilton was too much for the offense to handle. Defense played great. Lamar Jackson was mostly held in check. 

This one did not age well. :)  I thought the same thing.  But as Olsen (whom I cannot stand) pointed out, the returner did the Colts a big favor to call the fair catch.  Then the Ravens penalty to stop the clock after 3rd down was huge.

5 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Matt Gay contract well earned.

EJ Speed tackle on Raven’s WR is going to be talked about more than the bad Raven’s time management. 

Of course, who knows, if they called the face mask on Pittman when he made that huge catch, that may have been enough to put the Colts in FG range on that drive so it never would have mattered.

The refs aren't calling much this year, so far and I like it.

10 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

Of course, who knows, if they called the face mask on Pittman when he made that huge catch, that may have been enough to put the Colts in FG range on that drive so it never would have mattered.

The refs aren't calling much this year, so far and I like it.

Or how they "reviewed" an obvious sack that stopped the clock, and gave the Ravens plenty of time to get a play in, especially since they reviewed it for about 2 minutes when it was obvious from the first replay it was a sack and his knee was down. 

On 9/22/2023 at 11:47 AM, Warhorse said:

Mike Preston from the Baltimore Sun said, "The Colts aren’t a physical team". 

Apparently he has not watched our defense. 

Looked pretty damned physical to me. Lol.

Just eyed the NFL dot com site of their rankings post game. Look, the Colts have along way to go. However, when critiquing a writer, one would hope for some consistency. Eric Edholm brought the Pats up 7 spots to #18 after defeating the Jets on the road in a game where the Pats were 3+ favorites. He also dropped the Jets 8 places to #19...just below the Pats.

The Colts were 8 point dogs on the road to the Ravens, and after the Colts win, the Ravens get dropped 1 spot from 7 to 8, and the Colts raise 2 spots from 30th to 28th. 

You can't make this stuff up, folks. THAT.....is so devoid of comparable logic, I shat myself. 

• Like 1