EA Sports FC 24

beekay414

On 9/22/2023 at 11:17 PM, beekay414 said:

This is replacing FIFA. Anybody else ready for this? I haven't bought FIFA in years since they haven't had a career mode but this is getting legit reviews. I'm actually excited for this. Comes out in a week.

FIFA always had career mode for both player and manager modes.... This year's is pretty much identical to the last 3-4 years.

Edited by Heimdallr

My bad, gents. I don't know why I thought they didn't have one. I remember going to by the most recent FIFA game and reading a review that they didn't have it or something and that must've stuck with me for some reason. Newb move.

Anyways, the reviews don't seem too bad on this from what I can tell.

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My bad, gents. I don't know why I thought they didn't have one. I remember going to by the most recent FIFA game and reading a review that they didn't have it or something and that must've stuck with me for some reason. Newb move.

Anyways, the reviews don't seem too bad on this from what I can tell.

It probably isn't. It'll be almost the same as it always has been I would assume year over year. I usually get it every OTHER year, so I won't dive into FC until 25. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

It probably isn't. It'll be almost the same as it always has been I would assume year over year. I usually get it every OTHER year, so I won't dive into FC until 25. 

I have '22 but they removed Liga MX while not really adding anything I care about in '23 and '24, soo... I guess we'll see what happens in '25. Or if I can get it super cheap for the start of the next MLS season I might check out '24.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm trying to get back into soccer so this is probably my best avenue to do so. Been lacking on the gaming front lately (seriously, my PS4 is basically a paperweight at this point) so something new is overdue. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm trying to get back into soccer so this is probably my best avenue to do so. Been lacking on the gaming front lately (seriously, my PS4 is basically a paperweight at this point) so something new is overdue. 

It actually really helps me with that. I don't know a lot of the players in PL or where they went, so this helps. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

It actually really helps me with that. I don't know a lot of the players in PL or where they went, so this helps. 

I need something to hold me over until I get my next gen console when college football comes out. Hopefully this has enough stuff to do that it will be that game. I'm not a big gamer these days but I want something that offers some variety in their franchise/career modes, since I tend to restart a lot once I get bored with whatever current franchise I'm with.

From the perspective of someone that plays ultimate team: good game so far this year. Some bugs that need to be fixed for sure (invisible players, unrealistically "sticky" ball movement, poor animation choices, etc), but some of the changes have been great: the Evolution system is a huge breath of fresh air, and the PlayStyles/PlayStyles+ system is fantastic.

Really enjoying the game so far. If they hit the Evolutions upgrades just right, I'll be hooked.