Player Development throughout the 2024 Season

lumberjackchris

Looking at stats, the eye test, PFF numbers and the injury report

its all clear that we are weak at safety, both depth and talent when healthy 

linebackers outside of cashman have been below average. 

DTs have not been great 

tytus Howard at left guard has been a disaster for us. The revolving door at center hasnt been as bad but hopefully moving forward Juice will take that spot over for the long term. I think there’s room for double improvement by bumping Howard out to RT and bringing in a LG to compete with Green this off season. Fant hasn’t been terrible for us though. Tunsil has been solid, definitely not a top LT likes he’s paid for though. This group should get another year together with one or two minor additions to see what they can become. A lot of money and draft picks wrapped up in this line. 

WR has been the talked up position but with potentially 2 1,000 WRs, a young guy in Metchie who is basically getting a redshirt year to rehab and learn stuff. Resign Brown and we will be fine at WR. I wouldn’t waste anything on it. 

let’s go all defense unless some offensive gem falls into our laps. 

• Like 1

I believe we currently only have one IR Activation left for the season. (We have used 7/8 so far). I think it may be a tricky situation and they are making sure it's season ending before actually putting him on IR. Mainly because we are going to need to use our last IR activation on K'aimi next week, and we would have to choose between which one to activate if Tytus goes on short term IR for something minor/can be recovered from this season.

It’s sad to watch Metchie play. It’s not his fault, he’s had some terrible health issues but the guy was a stud at Bama and now he’s barely able to even be on the field. 

it would be great to see him step up and replace Dell but I’m not sure he can. Hopefully next season he can get his body back into shape and still have a career. 

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It’s sad to watch Metchie play. It’s not his fault, he’s had some terrible health issues but the guy was a stud at Bama and now he’s barely able to even be on the field. 

it would be great to see him step up and replace Dell but I’m not sure he can. Hopefully next season he can get his body back into shape and still have a career. 

It’s a red shirt year for him. 

5 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

With Boyle, Flacco, Minshew and Levis left on the schedule, I have a feeling WAJ is going to feast these last couple weeks of the regular season 

It's actually Zach Wilson now... but...

I've never seen a guy lose his starting job and be *reluctant* to return.

This... this is unheard of, wow.

• Like 1