Player Development throughout the 2024 Season

lumberjackchris

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Low key HUGE addition.

Would y’all entertain possibly bringing Barnett back on a 3 year cheaper deal than resigning Greenard? I think it’s in the realm of possibilities. Especially with the WAJ and CJ Stroud extensions in the not to distant future 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Would y’all entertain possibly bringing Barnett back on a 3 year cheaper deal than resigning Greenard? I think it’s in the realm of possibilities. Especially with the WAJ and CJ Stroud extensions in the not to distant future 

CJ and WAJ have another 4 years before extensions. We could sign Greenard to a huge deal and it not play any role in CJ and WAJ 

• Like 1

I dont think anyone doubted Stingley's ability after his freshman year at LSU, but it was the two injury plagued seasons in college followed by two in the pros that make people worry. If he becomes a career 15-16 game per season guy then hes goona be in several pro bowls and potenail all pro selections. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 5:24 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Can we all agree that Pitre is the biggest disappointment among the younger guys?

That award goes to Dameon Pierce... by a pretty big margin.

He was supposed to break out like many RBs do in the Shanny system, but 416 yards, 2.9 YPC and losing his job to Devin Singletary? Yeah, there were a TON of expectations on Pierce becoming a bellcow RB this season and that simply didn't happen. He's miscast in the ZBS and needs to make a name for himself on ST to stick around. The angry beastmode-style running that was saw last season was nowhere to be seen this season, his highest YPC in a game this season was 3.5 ypc vs Baltimore in W1. He didn't even have a game where he hit 4.0 ypc - that's absolutely unheard of for a starting RB in the NFL.

Pitre was very disappointing, but I'm holding out hope he was playing through a lung injury that he should have missed more games for. It's possible he's just not good and was a better fit for that Cover 2 Lovie lived and died by, but I've got to think - if your breathing is labored by an injured set of lungs, you're gonna have a hard time doing anything, let alone playing a contact sport. The leash is very short and you need to still draft someone just in case Pitre is actually bad - but I think that injury was much worse than he or the team let on.

Pierce, on the other hand? There's absolutely no way you can go into next season with him as a starter. If you're not resigning Singletary, you're either bringing in another FA RB or drafting a guy. Heck, you could probably do BOTH draft a guy and FA/re-sign Singletary and move Pierce to the #3 guy - that's how bad he was, Mike Boone and Dare Obungowale are guys who he should compete with.

• Like 2