Week 4 Thread: (2-1) Commanders at (3-0) Eagles - GIF THEME Rocky

MikeT14

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The question becomes - it’s like with Rak & Preston Smith - if you’re not retaining at least one of them then you’re opening up a huge hole at both DE spots so we’ll have to sign another good DE and draft someone high to replace them.

Then, that has a ripple effect on replacing our offensive tackles on the OL & upgrading Mike LB with earlier picks in the draft to get better there.

I think at minimum one of them has to be re-signed even if they’re good but not great bc we can’t have 2 huge holes at DE.

One will get franchised. That is a given. The other we may attempt to sign. If he leaves, we will draft his replacement

12 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

One will get franchised. That is a given. The other we may attempt to sign. If he leaves, we will draft his replacement

I don’t know what we need to draft another DE as long as we franchise/sign one of them. This team has DEs both vets and young ones coming out the crapper 🚽 It’s actually ridiculous how much we’ve invested into the DE position vs OL & LB.

James Smith-Williams can be re-signed for peanuts if we can’t re-sign both of them. He started last year and is a good run defender and a decent pass rusher.

Then, you have the other vets Obada & Toohill and the young drafted players KJ Henry, Andre Jones, William Bradley King & Shaka Toney if he’s brought back next year.

We’ve already drafted guys & have guys in house that can compete to be one of the starting DEs if we can’t sign both Chase & Tez.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know what we need to draft another DE as long as we franchise/sign one of them. This team has DEs both vets and young ones coming out the crapper 🚽 It’s actually ridiculous how much we’ve invested into the DE position vs OL & LB.

James Smith-Williams can be re-signed for peanuts if we can’t re-sign both of them. He started last year and is a good run defender and a decent pass rusher.

Then, you have the other vets Obada & Toohill and the young drafted players KJ Henry, Andre Jones, William Bradley King & Shaka Toney if he’s brought back next year.

We’ve already drafted guys & have guys in house that can compete to be one of the starting DEs if we can’t sign both Chase & Tez.

I'm fine with rolling with what we have if one leaves. I'm simply pointing out that if both have good seasons, an effort will be made to keep both. One we will franchise and the other we will try to sign. And if he leaves, then we will replace him. It's not rocket science

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm pretty sure what Kam Curl and Chase Young did there should have resulted in a penalty, but you love seeing the guys have fun with it.

I agree but I think we’d all also agree that this is just another reason why the eagles play needs to be banned. It’s just not a safe play and for a league that’s supposed to be all about player safety which is bs, they don’t care about the players, they care about $ and not being sued for CTE, they need to stop allowing this play to happen bc to stop it defenses are going to start trying some dirty stuff bc they’re tire of being bowled over by 11 Eagles multiple times a game all at once.