CJ Stroud needs his own thread

waterfish_21

I know the Texans are everyone's favorite team to bash on this forum and they are 2-3 right now.  CJ Stroud also has a ESPN QBR of 56.2 ( middle of the pack), for what thats worth, and a quarter back rating of 98.4 ( 9th behind Backer Mayfield, Kirk Cousins, and yes Russel Wilson(106.3!)).  Again just numbers.

But from what I've seen he has HALL OF FAME level anticipation and extreme accuracy on passes over the middle, deep/intermediat/short.  He can throw on the run and across his body.  I don't think I've ever seen any QB throw the ball like this, this early in their career.  In fact I know I haven't because nobody has ever been this impressive out of the gate.(Prove me wrong, you will waste your life doing it.)  He has Peyton Manning's quick feet shuffle that not many else really do well ( or would probably want to do).  He's making changes to play design in the huddle thats leading to TD's after seeing how a defense played coverage earlier in the game.

Any Texan's fans want to chime in?  Is he a 1 trick poney thats been getting lucky.   Are they simply doing a great job of hiding his weaknesses?  Is it too early to tell ( I think he is a consensus top 5 QB next year once all the media starts realize how good he is and fans jump along.  I also predicted the Commanders to win week 5 so what do I know.    

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He already had one... it's still on the first page, for God's sake. Did you even look? 😂

Coming here to say this. I'm all about loving my new QB, but one thread is enough.

• Like 1