Game 7: Detroit Lions (5-1) @ Baltimore Ravens (4-2)

Louis Friend

13 hours ago, General Tso said:

I should have included he played like a backup too lol.

I think this was Kayode Awosika's first start and he played a good part of the day dealing with Vita Vea.  Vita Vea can ruin just about anyone's day.  The fact that he had to make his first start in that situation was about as tough as it gets.  It was probably one heck of a learning experience.  I think he played his college at Buffalo and apparently was pretty good at that level.  He seems like one of those players that becomes a serviceable starter after developing for a year or two.  I don't think Dan Skipper would have been better.

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think this was Kayode Awosika's first start and he played a good part of the day dealing with Vita Vea.  Vita Vea can ruin just about anyone's day.  The fact that he had to make his first start in that situation was about as tough as it gets.  It was probably one heck of a learning experience.  I think he played his college at Buffalo and apparently was pretty good at that level.  He seems like one of those players that becomes a serviceable starter after developing for a year or two.  I don't think Dan Skipper would have been better.

if Big V is healthy, I think he should start over Awosika.

Just now, General Tso said:

if Big V is healthy, I think he should start over Awosika.

You are probably right about that.  Still, playing against the Bucs seems like a pretty good primer for playing against the Ravens.  Their DE/NT/DE are pretty pretty good.  Their LBs are very good.  There seem to be a lot of similarities.

54 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Kayode started two out ten games last season and one out of five this season. He never started in Philly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Kayode started two out ten games last season and one out of five this season. He never started in Philly. 

Ok.  It was his first start this season.  However, all of the starters had problems with that group including Frank Ragnow and Penei Sewell.  My point is, having a rough game against Vita Vea as well as with the Bucs D-Line playing the way it was playing doesn't mean he is a scrub.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Ok.  It was his first start this season.  However, all of the starters had problems with that group including Frank Ragnow and Penei Sewell.  My point is, having a rough game against Vita Vea as well as with the Bucs D-Line playing the way it was playing doesn't mean he is a scrub.

I never called him a scrub. Never even said he played poorly. The only thing I said is that there is a possibility he starts in place of Jonah again this week. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I wasn’t aware I had to endorse him. Any more rules I should know about? 

I was aware not endorsing someone means you called them Scrub. 

That's my major issue all the time. Any sorta negative few gets turned into you saying something totally different than what you actually said. 

Not endorsing does not equal calling them a scrub. 

wish I could like this post 1000 times 

Edited by detfan782004
  • Like 1