The Week 7 Thread: (3-3) Washington Commanders at (1-5) New York Football Giants, 1 PM CBS / GIF Theme: Little Giants

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Our Defense played a lot better when Cody Barton left and Mayo came in. Mayo leading tackler today

Yep, tried to say that earlier in the year about Mayo. He has his deficiencies in pass coverage bc he's not athletic but he's good in run D and calling the plays. Our D started to play better last year when Mayo took over for Holcomb.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but it seems to be true.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I know our OL sucks but I really think we should draft some more DB in 2024. 

We’re just going to draft similar young DBs who are young, need to play and need time to develop.

We have young talent at DB. We have to let them play and see if they develop. 

Upgrading the OL is so much more important to protect our QB and open up holes for our running backs.

If we draft top 10 and Howell progresses well enough the second half of the year that they don't think a rookie will be better if they're picking like 10th then taking an OT if there's one available worth taking is the correct choice.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

We’re just going to draft similar players who are young, need to play and need time to develop.

We have young talent at DB. We have to let them play and see if they develop. 

Upgrading the OL is so much more important to protect our QB and open up holes for our running backs.

If we draft top 10 and Howell progresses well enough the second half of the year that they don't think a rookie will be better if they're picking like 10th then taking an OT if there's one available worth taking is the correct choice.

No no no. I’m telling you now. This OL is good. Just look at how PFF grades them. Let’s get some more DB in here