Trade Deadline 2024

lumberjackchris

6 hours ago, jch1911 said:

This article mentions Keenum AND Mills as potential Cousins' replacements.

Keenum does make a lot of sense.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/nate-davis/2023/10/30/minnesota-vikings-quarterback-trade-kirk-cousins/71377932007/

Danielle Hunter incoming?

I just see Minny embracing the tank and getting in position to draft a potential franchise QB

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

I just see Minny embracing the tank and getting in position to draft a potential franchise QB

It does give them the perfect excuse... that being said, it looks the NFC North is still between them & Detroit.

So they may try to stick with it.

58 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Justin Jefferson is already on IR, so they can get Addison reps against live defenses and hope he progresses and prepare for a new QB - I think the Vikings and a big armed QB like Ewers or McCarthy would be a great pairing, moreso than going 9-8 with one of our backups.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Justin Jefferson is already on IR, so they can get Addison reps against live defenses and hope he progresses and prepare for a new QB - I think the Vikings and a big armed QB like Ewers or McCarthy would be a great pairing, moreso than going 9-8 with one of our backups.

Ya I imagine we see news of Jefferson re-aggravating his hammy and being out for the season 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We should be sellers at the deadline. We can send out some of our cheap vets like Perryman to pick up draft compensation. 

We are a year away from the playoffs so there’s really no motivation to make big moves unless they are cheap draft wise. 

Horrible message to send. No way Demeco is cool with selling. He aint Culley/Lovie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blaze said:

Horrible message to send. No way Demeco is cool with selling. He aint Culley/Lovie

It might not be exciting but we know we have young cornerstones in place. Theres no reason to keep vets that aren’t in those plans if we can get something for them. Now the specific players, I don’t have that info and there might not be any, but we should be sellers more than buyers if we do anything. 

Never happen... but trade deadline wishes

1) Trade Ogunbowale + 2024 4th to NY Jets for RB Michael Carter + 2024 5th

2a) Put Jarrett Patterson on IR

2b) Sign IOL Matt Farniok off Chicago's PS (IOL depth)

3) Trade 2024 7th + G Nick Broeker + conditional 2025 draft pick (5th that could become a 4th if Owenu re-signs with the Texans) to Patriots for G Michael Owenu

4a) Cut DT Kurt Hinish (maybe re-sign to PS & cut Rivers)

4b) Sign DT Trysten Hill of NE's practice squad (he played well in AZ for DC Matt Burke)

5a) Cut CB Ka'dar Hollman 

5b) Sign CB Kaleb Hayes off of Giants' PS

Carter, Farniok, Hill, & Hayes could be locked up this year for cheap (reduces draft & free agency needs)

Owenu could be a be key to the run game and helps protect CJ

I would be happy with 3