Chase Young to Niners for conditional 3rd round pick

MikeT14

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

All two of them. He was a non-factor the rest of the game.

I pointed out to my friend when we were watching the game to watch the replay of Bosa crawling on the ground trying to get to Mahomes.  That’s the kind of effort we’ve never seen from Chase Young, ever.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It just makes you realize when you watch the Combine and see these chiseled guys in tank top and shorts, it really doesn’t mean anything unless your heart matches your physical gift. 

We have had lots of workout warriors here. Chase honestly seems worse than Laron Landry ended up being and that's kinda crazy to me. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I pointed out to my friend when we were watching the game to watch the replay of Bosa crawling on the ground trying to get to Mahomes.  That’s the kind of effort we’ve never seen from Chase Young, ever.  

Ehh, we saw it his rookie year especially in Nov & Dec when we went on our winning streak.

18 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

We have had lots of workout warriors here. Chase honestly seems worse than Laron Landry ended up being and that's kinda crazy to me. 

Landry was actually a good player, he was just forced to play out of position bc the team didn't properly the FS position after Sean Taylor was killed & forced Landry, a SS/WLB type into playing FS which he shouldn’t have been playing.

I will forever say that Shanahan made a poor decision in 2012 by franchising Fred Davis & thus letting Landry walk in 2012. All Landry did the next two years was make the pro bowl in 2012 & play pretty well in 2013 meanwhile our safety play continued to be poor each year.

Landry playing SS on those D’s makes our D much better while Fred Davis really didn’t do anything. We could’ve drafted a TE in 2012 to replace Davis & Cooley instead of drafting the useless LeRiebus. 

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Ehh, we saw it his rookie year especially in Nov & Dec when we went on our winning streak.

If you can find the clips, sure, I’ll believe it.  

I seriously have not seen that level of effort from Young, ever.  What I saw from Bosa was almost innate, and he was giving 110% to get the job done.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Based on his season overall I feel like you could have 😂

Beat me to it. The announcers were gushing over him in the 1Q. I said out loud to the TV while watching --> "There's 3 more quarters. This won't last".

Past is prologue

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If you can find the clips, sure, I’ll believe it.  

I seriously have not seen that level of effort from Young, ever.  What I saw from Bosa was almost innate, and he was giving 110% to get the job done.  

There isn't any. The only reason he got DROY that year was because it wasn't really a great year for Defensive rookies. His year was great, but compared to other DROY winners, I don't think it measures up very well.