Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

52 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mf crybabies I sware

we killed a rival with a scrub azz qb and y’all cryin 

rip Al 

as a player & a coach every time I played I wanted to dominate and win a lot of y’all didn’t play and its showing 

Right! It almost like some of these fans think 60+ points happens every other week!

We whipped the Chargers so bad they fired coaches and the GM. Then hired their Linebackers coach as Interim! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

If he wants to fast track his nfl coaching career yeah he needs to win out i think. 
I think if he beats kc, mark will give him the job regardless of playoffs tho

Yes, if he can beat the team that absolutely schooled us in the second half a couple of weeks ago and outscored us 31-3, he should be in consideration.

Everyone on here is a prisoner of the moment, AP had the team looking like straight doo doo for the last month prior to the Chargers game. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yes, if he can beat the team that absolutely schooled us in the second half a couple of weeks ago and outscored us 31-3, he should be in consideration.

Everyone on here is a prisoner of the moment, AP had the team looking like straight doo doo for the last month prior to the Chargers game. 

This is quite the post… attacking everyone for being a prisoner of the moment, but then saying, if he can win one game he should be in consideration?

so you’ll be a prisoner of the moment if he beats KC lol 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Starting mid season with a rookie hc, rookie oc, rookie qb lol 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

This is quite the post… attacking everyone for being a prisoner of the moment, but then saying, if he can win one game he should be in consideration?

so you’ll be a prisoner of the moment if he beats KC lol 

I've made it pretty clear that I don't think he should be the coach unless we win out buddy.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've made it pretty clear that I don't think he should be the coach unless we win out buddy.

Ok so just beating kc isn’t enough?
Which is what I said I don’t think is good enough, but mark will prob give him the job if he just beats kc regardless of playoffs.. to which you responded

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

This sounds like you are talking about one game…because you’re talking about if he beats one team he should be in consideration. 

lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Which is what I said I don’t think is good enough, but mark will prob give him the job if he just beats kc regardless of playoffs.. to which you responded

This sounds like you are talking about one game…because you’re talking about if he beats one team he should be in consideration. 

lol

You, @bucksavage1 and @NCOUGHMAN are right, AP is the new Bill Belicheck and should be given a lifetime contract, full control over the roster and possibly a 50% stake in ownership. Beating Easton Stick was truly a franchise defining moment and something I will always value more than the 3 Super Bowl victories. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

lol

If we win next week , the next excuse will be, “KC isn’t as good as they were “

“AP needs to get to the playoffs to be considered for the HC job” 

“He needs to win a game in the  playoffs to be considered”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You, @bucksavage1 and @NCOUGHMAN are right, AP is the new Bill Belicheck and should be given a lifetime contract, full control over the roster and possibly a 50% stake in ownership. Beating Easton Stick was truly a franchise defining moment and something I will always value more than the 3 Super Bowl victories. 

I literally said I won’t hire AP if he only beats KC, he needs to win out IMO, but I think Mark will hire him if he only beats KC. 
you responded with, yes if he beats KC he should be in consideration…

but I’m the crazy AP one? What the F are you talking about. 

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I literally said I won’t hire AP if he only beats KC, he needs to win out IMO, but I think Mark will hire him if he only beats KC. 
you responded with, yes if he beats KC he should be in consideration…

but I’m the crazy AP one? What the F are you talking about. 

13 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

If we win next week , the next excuse will be, “KC isn’t as good as they were “

“AP needs to get to the playoffs to be considered for the HC job” 

“He needs to win a game in the  playoffs to be considered”

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mf crybabies I sware

we killed a rival with a scrub azz qb and y’all cryin 

rip Al 

as a player & a coach every time I played I wanted to dominate and win a lot of y’all didn’t play and its showing 

zY90znu.png

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

zY90znu.png

Wow what a true raider you are lol I love it tho y’all exposing your true colors on this historic win

i didn’t know Easton played on the defense our 3rd string qb put up 4tds by halftime on.

You just salty that it wasn’t your boy Jimmy putting up those #’s. If it’s any consolation aoc credited jimmy for some vet talks about qb nfl life after the minn game. 

like pierce said “no apologies” playa lol

• Like 5

I don't think he's "earned" the job per se, but unless Harbaugh is interested and we pass I'm for AP getting it. I wouldn't pound the table over missing Ben Johnson - maybe he'll be a great coach, maybe he'll be the next Adam Gase or Josh McDaniels. There's plenty of risk there too. 

I was frustrated as anyone last week but some games are ugly and are indicative only of that specific match-up (one where both teams were fighting for their playoff lives). How you respond to ugly games matters - they laid a generational beating 4 days later. Not saying he should get the job. But you should judge someone on what they have to work with, not what you wish they had.

AP didn't choose this roster, staff or situation. He still has the team clearly buying in. Before this game, I was most impressed with the Dolphins loss. We had no business being in that game down to the end with a 4th round rookie and defense with only one star. The team had a plan and kept fighting.

The importance of being a leader and relating to your players is also extremely underrated. Some people just have that It factor that players will go to war for. You can't equate it or explain it, but you know it when you see it -Pete Carroll, Mike Vrabel, Mike Tomlin. DeMeco Ryans is one of those guys and I wish we could've hired him last year.  Even some of the best X&O's guys don't have that. I'd rather take a chance on a young guy with those qualities and have him learn more than sliding someone in hoping he'll have that AND hoping whatever system prowess they were successful with will transfer over. 

We don't know what his vision of the team would be next year, but I doubt it's keeping everything the same. It's disingenuous to imply he wouldn't go after a QB like it isn't the most glaring hole. There's 3 more games against tough teams to get a better idea.

• Like 4