Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

12 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Again, deflection. 

You think most people here are capable of actually maintaining a coherent position? Lol. 

It's a cesspool of retroactive back patting. There's less flipping and flopping in the NCAA Women's Gymnastics tournament. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You think playing Koonce and acquiring Jack Jones while going 1-3 warrants being an NFL head coach? 

no, I also didnt say that it did either. 
but, it is something he has proven. 
His connections has been talked about mainly in building a staff, which is a big question mark no doubt. But good coaches also have players follow them around. It is something you like to see in a coahc, players wanting to come to them. 

Playing the best players available is also a big thing. A lot of them arent his guys, so its easier as a interim head coach but I still like it. Everyone was calling for jimmy back after the 0, but he held his ground. Im sure you were sad no jimmy, but he held his ground and the players rallied a bit around AOC I believe. 

he is actually 3-3. I dont know who you think the coach was the jets and giants game but it was AP... you tune out for 2 weeks when jimmy benched? had to stare at your photos of him lol?

and on top of allllllll of that....
I still dont think he has done enough to earn the job. 

I am waiting to see the season play out lol

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You think most people here are capable of actually maintaining a coherent position? Lol. 

It's a cesspool of retroactive back patting. There's less flipping and flopping in the NCAA Women's Gymnastocs tournament. 

lol I know, but i feel like we found some common ground the other day on something. already forget what we were even discussing. 
Im wrong all the time, dont know why some refuse to admit they were wrong. 

they key is reading what others write, and respodning to that. 
not the argument you wish they made in your head lol😂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The stance and goal post moving some people have taken towards AP is strange 

Some people are still jilted over being incredibly wrong about McDaniels and haven't come to terms with the fact that "I told you so" was, for once, perfectly warranted- and it shows. 

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

For what it’s worth, I’d definitely think Pierce should be interviewed for the full time HC. There are several layers I think are at play here and one that is not being mentioned. We are judging AP on his abilities right now, but he’s a young and up and coming coach I feel so I think we need to also look at what he may be with a little more experience in a couple years time. I think you would always give a coach a 3 year contract or more, so a bit like rookie QB, what are his traits and talents and where can he improve, what is his ceiling? Is he a long term guy?

I like the way he’s been direct, canning Peters, naming AOC starter. No ambiguity and no ceremony. Not afraid to make decisions.

I don’t like the lack of second half adjustments and I feel he’s been schooled by better, more experienced coaches.

I do like he seems humble, intense and genuinely cares for his players. I think they buy into what he’s selling.

I don’t like his lack of experience and question who his OC will be as they’ll have to do some heavy lifting I feel, so we need to get the right guy.

I do like the fact he seems to have the team playing hard and tackling, discipline and basics seems to have improved.

I don’t like some of the very conservative, defensive minded calls that have been made.

I do like the response to a terrible performance by absolutely destroying a division rival and humiliating them, we got knocked down against Vikings but we got off the canvas and laid a beating on the Chargers.

I don’t like that we’ve only beaten poor teams with poor QBs, we’ve not beaten a team we shouldn’t beat yet. 

Is AP the most qualified coach right now or the best coach available right now? No, certainly not. IMO, that is Jim Harbaugh and he is my favourite and who I’d like as HC as I think he makes us instant contenders and the ‘fit’ is right.  But, that being said, I would consider AP if we can answer some of the questions above. Can we beat a better team? Who is his staff going to be? I can see him being a very good coach in a few years time but maybe it’s just too soon for him right here, right now. 

very well said, as always. a good thought out post. 
dont think anyone here has said hes the perfect HC, lets see how the season ends. 
he is currently 500, something not a lot of raider coaches have done in the last 25 years lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

lol I know, but i feel like we found some common ground the other day on something. already forget what we were even discussing. 
Im wrong all the time, dont know why some refuse to admit they were wrong. 

they key is reading what others write, and respodning to that. 
not the argument you wish they made in your head lol😂

Some people just can't handle being wrong and feed on being "right". 

It's easier to deflect and ignore. If you never admit to being wrong, you can't be wrong in your eyes. Easier to just pull a complete 180 and hope nobody notices or just punt a stated position down the road indefinitely. 

We saw it with a lot of the Way crowd. It was obvious by like week 4 of last year that this wasn't going to work out. The response was "Give them time".

What they meant was "I went to bat for Josh McDaniels and the Patriot Way and I think we ought to ignore what's clear as day and revisit in undetermined amount of time at which point hopefully it will have turned around and I can tell you I was right all along". 

If, by some miracle, Josh McDaniels still had his job and we started next season, say, 5-0, the Way crowd would have spent every second on an "I told you so" high. 

And again,  we're not talking about the folk who actually just said "Eh, let's see where this goes for now". We're talking about the crowd that refused to even acknowledge there was a problem with Josh and the Way, resorted to calling people fake fans, and have since acted like they didn't spend 18+ months going to bed and kissing a picture of Bill Belichick before they closed their eyes. 

Defend, deflect, deny. Josh taught his children well. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Well one, he played Koonce… you said obviously the coaches know who’s better, and that’s why they kept playing jones last year…looking like no, they played jones cause he was a patriot and Koonce wasn’t.

us fans were crying for them to play Koonce. 
he was dominate against chargers 

he picked up jack jones. He had a pretty good pic i think. 

seems like he addressed problems on our D and fixed some issue, pressure and turnovers. 

same talent less D you gave Graham a pass for, he has changed personnel and getting more out of them. 

What evidence is there AP changed the personnel? It's Graham's defense.

The reason Koonce wasn't playing is because he's not a good run defender. They mentioned recently that it's finally clicked for him technique wise. Props to Rob Leonard for getting him there. Now he needs to improve against the run. 

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

For what it’s worth, I’d definitely think Pierce should be interviewed for the full time HC. There are several layers I think are at play here and one that is not being mentioned. We are judging AP on his abilities right now, but he’s a young and up and coming coach I feel so I think we need to also look at what he may be with a little more experience in a couple years time. 

Ding ding ding. 

Exactly. 

Nobody that's Pro AP has made a serious argument to remove the interim tag without any further exploration. At some point, he's the best candidate available, and it's not so far down the list that he doesn't deserve an interview. It's not like there's 10 HC candidates out there right now that everyone would take over him. There's like 3, maybe 5, and likely to be more openings than that. 

The Anti AP crowd, I've noticed largely being McDaniels' lost children, don't want him around because he's a constant reminder that an interim HC promoted mid year coming off a 1 year stint as a positional coach of one of our weakest DEFENSIVE units, with no other NFL coaching experience, and a far from impressive resume was able to get equal or better results from this squad than their papa and his "resume". 

Talk about an identity crisis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

What evidence is there AP changed the personnel? It's Graham's defense.

The reason Koonce wasn't playing is because he's not a good run defender. They mentioned recently that it's finally clicked for him technique wise. Props to Rob Leonard for getting him there. Now he needs to improve against the run. 

defiitely needs to improve against the run.. as does Wilson or whoever else was in front of him. 

back to the what has he proven, remember your and mine talks when he was hired, you said numerous times 2 to 3 wins max. 

to me 2-3 wins max, sounds like your calling for 0 to 1 win. if things go well, and the hit their max potential its 2 or 3 wins. 

remember i called that crazy, as a terrible HC in Josh had gotten this team 3 win... you then said, no with a rookie QB and a rookie OC they wont be favored in any games, youd be shocked if they got 2. 

he is now sitting at 3-3, and you are not giving him an ounce of credit. 
a position you debated that there is no way this team could get 4 wins under him... 

I dont understand how you couldve been so strong minded that there is no way they could get 4, and no sit here pound that table hes done nothing?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

This is a different situation than Rich Bisaccia hiring.  The football team did not hate John Gruden. 

Antonio Pierce took over for Josh McDaniels because the team quit on him. HC, OC, GM all fired. Starting QB and backup QB benched.

AP has gotten the team to turn around their season and keep us in the running for a playoff running. With a rookie QB and Rookie playcaller  

We got saw a 63 point game vs a rival and that means nothing? 42-0 at halftime? Our two best performances of the season came under AP. 

Now after 3-3 and a franchise record points performance he hasn’t prove anything?

Not even consideration for HC? Lol. This is wild

The team never quit on JMD. Mark Davis acknowledged that in his recent interview. 

How has the season turned around exactly? They are playing hard for him, but the results are not any different in the win/loss column. 

63 points means something, sure. But you have to keep it in context. 

Again, context. 3 wins against 3 miserable teams. He has a chance against KC, Indy and Denver. KC is the most vulnerable they've ever been. He wins there, he likely keeps the job. 

I have nothing against AP. He's had some good moment and some bad moments. I stand firmly on if he's retained, it will be short lived. Once the honeymoon period and rah rah stuff runs its course and the real coaching aspects come into play, he will fall short. 

I'll root for him if hired. I respect the fact he's leaning on guys like Marvin Lewis and Tom Coughlin. Shows he's taking it serious and not operating with a bunch of ego. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The team never quit on JMD. Mark Davis acknowledged that in his recent interview. 

How has the season turned around exactly? They are playing hard for him, but the results are not any different in the win/loss column. 

63 points means something, sure. But you have to keep it in context. 

Again, context. 3 wins against 3 miserable teams. He has a chance against KC, Indy and Denver. KC is the most vulnerable they've ever been. He wins there, he likely keeps the job. 

I have nothing against AP. He's had some good moment and some bad moments. I stand firmly on if he's retained, it will be short lived. Once the honeymoon period and rah rah stuff runs its course and the real coaching aspects come into play, he will fall short. 

I'll root for him if hired. I respect the fact he's leaning on guys like Marvin Lewis and Tom Coughlin. Shows he's taking it serious and not operating with a bunch of ego. 

3-3 is actually better than 3-5?
JMD lost to some crappy teams, steelers, chargers, bears .. . . . Ill take the coach that just beats the teams we are better than. 

agreed to the rest, lets see how we go down the stretch.. 2-1, to get to 5-4 so that we can clearly say yes 5-4 is better than 3-5, because apparently we cant say hes doing better than JMD now?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Some people just can't handle being wrong and feed on being "right". 

You mean like your sorry arse who can't admit the defense has been playing well under Graham. Saying they will be a bottom 5 unit next year.

So you want to hire AP and then what? Keep what you say will be a bottom 5 DC? That's the master plan?

Maybe sit this one out.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

defiitely needs to improve against the run.. as does Wilson or whoever else was in front of him. 

back to the what has he proven, remember your and mine talks when he was hired, you said numerous times 2 to 3 wins max. 

to me 2-3 wins max, sounds like your calling for 0 to 1 win. if things go well, and the hit their max potential its 2 or 3 wins. 

remember i called that crazy, as a terrible HC in Josh had gotten this team 3 win... you then said, no with a rookie QB and a rookie OC they wont be favored in any games, youd be shocked if they got 2. 

he is now sitting at 3-3, and you are not giving him an ounce of credit. 
a position you debated that there is no way this team could get 4 wins under him... 

I dont understand how you couldve been so strong minded that there is no way they could get 4, and no sit here pound that table hes done nothing?

I stand by what I said. 3 wins max and he needs a signature win again a good opponent to earn the job. 

Beat KC, then let him have his shot next year.

And I'm confused @NCOUGHMAN who's posted that same youtube video about JMDs staff several times and others want AP to be coach, but are at the same time bashing the offensive staff that likely will be retained. 

Or are we hoping AP is the coach and weeds out all the JMD guys? Help me out here. Part of my issue with hiring AP is being stuck with the offensive staff they have now. 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I stand by what I said. 3 wins max and he needs a signature win again a good opponent to earn the job. 

Beat KC, then let him have his shot next year.

And I'm confused @NCOUGHMAN who's posted that same youtube video about JMDs staff several times and others want AP to be coach, but are at the same time bashing the offensive staff that likely will be retained. 

Or are we hoping AP is the coach and weeds out all the JMD guys? Help me out here. Part of my issue with hiring AP is being stuck with the offensive staff they have now. 

so, if 3 wins max, and we got 3 wins... are you not saying AP got the max out of this team? 
What does max mean to you? im legit confused. 

There is no way this team can win more than 3 games... thats what it sounds like to me. 
so if he gets a 4th? youll be blown away right? doesnt matter who, just 1-2 down the stretch, you should be blown awy with the job AP did?

how can you say that, and also say hes proved nothing?
you just said he got the max potential from his team?

-
I dont even know if I want AP, I want to see how this season ends. Would love to see them beat KC, but I just dont think itll happen, and dont think you can put that solely on AP either, they are the better team and likely better coached team too. Reid is a HOF coach... I think its very unfair, to demand AP beat the better roster team and a HOF if he wants a chance to interview for the job. 

not that we'd ever know, but in the interview process id ask AP who his OC and staff would ideally be. Again something we wont know unless we actually consider him. It might be Bo, to which Id say see ya... 
but we dont know that, like we did not know this team could win more than 3 games. 

gotta let it play out before saying he shouldnt be retaind  

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Conveniently change of context to try to match your point or lack there of 

The stance and goal post moving some people have taken towards AP is strange 

The lack of context people consider when judging AP is strange too. He’s John madden Jr for going 1-3 over the most important stretch of the season.