Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The pro AP / Kelly / Bo / PG crowd love JMD so much that they think 4 guys that he hired are the ones that should lead this team into the future. 

Dude, that's not even close to the case and it's made abundantly clear like 2 pages back lol. 

Most of the Pro AP guys were the ones who had the balls to say early and often that Josh was a fraud. 

WTF are you even talking abo.......never mind, I remember who I'm talking to now. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So the defensive leap should be credited to AP, the LB coach that was a miserable DC in college, particularly after he became head coach. But the offense being terrible with elite players has nothing to do with AP at all. Gotcha.

No one can give me any reason as to why AP legitimately deserves to be the head coach, other than his "swag" and the fact that we beat Easton Stick. 1-3 in the biggest stretch of the season isn't good enough for me.

He is 3-3. 
if we can get to 5-4 to end the year, he’d be one of the first raider coaches to go over 500 in their first season the last 25 years. 

that alone isn’t enough. 
but it deserves some credit, and enough for an interview for the job. 

you want to just write him off because he benched Jimmy it seems. 
no one is crowning him other than saying let’s see the season out. 

seems you made up your mind on him already because he benched your boy. Simple as that. 

one terrible game, one amazing game. A bunch of mediocre performances. 
with a rookie qb, and rookie play caller. 

for a rookie hc, who is also growing / learning. 

I just don’t know what you expected from the guy. Seems like those who want him gone, wanted him gone regardless unless he ran the table. 

we need some realistic expectations imo. Losing to both kc and mia, was the realistic outcome, yet sounds like you think that is a fireable offense. 

putting up 0 after the Vikes, not ok. Terrible, brutal brutal game plan. That is on AP. 
losing to kc and mia, also on him, but there is a bit of a realistic thought that those 2 teams are better than us, and Mia we competed, kc we got outcoached second half.

the games I thought we had a chance in, we are 2-1. 
we have 2 more realistic games I think. I want to see him for 2-0 in those, to be 4-1 in realistic games. 

I think that would be impressive, as your boy who you keep saying was 2-2 despite losing to bears Steelers and other bad teams, struggled to beat teams we were better than. 

I will judge AP more for the games we have a realistic shot, then losing a close game to MiA who I thought was far and away the better team and expected us to lose against. 

does that make sense or no? Anyone who loses to Reid and Mahommes should just be fired?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I stand by what I said. 3 wins max and he needs a signature win again a good opponent to earn the job. 

Beat KC, then let him have his shot next year.

And I'm confused @NCOUGHMAN who's posted that same youtube video about JMDs staff several times and others want AP to be coach, but are at the same time bashing the offensive staff that likely will be retained. 

Or are we hoping AP is the coach and weeds out all the JMD guys? Help me out here. Part of my issue with hiring AP is being stuck with the offensive staff they have now. 

He doesn’t have a choice cause we’re so deep into the season he can’t bring in his own guys. Pierce is literally trying to turn your bff jmdz water into wine on the fly. After minn pierce got on bo and changes were made drastic changes. Like I said I wanna see how the year plays out. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

He is 3-3. 
if we can get to 5-4 to end the year, he’d be one of the first raider coaches to go over 500 in their first season the last 25 years. 

that alone isn’t enough. 
but it deserves some credit, and enough for an interview for the job. 

you want to just write him off because he benched Jimmy it seems. 
no one is crowning him other than saying let’s see the season out. 

seems you made up your mind on him already because he benched your boy. Simple as that. 

one terrible game, one amazing game. A bunch of mediocre performances. 
with a rookie qb, and rookie play caller. 

for a rookie hc, who is also growing / learning. 

I just don’t know what you expected from the guy. Seems like those who want him gone, wanted him gone regardless unless he ran the table. 

we need some realistic expectations imo. Losing to both kc and mia, was the realistic outcome, yet sounds like you think that is a fireable offense. 

putting up 0 after the Vikes, not ok. Terrible, brutal brutal game plan. That is on AP. 
losing to kc and mia, also on him, but there is a bit of a realistic thought that those 2 teams are better than us, and Mia we competed, kc we got outcoached second half.

the games I thought we had a chance in, we are 2-1. 
we have 2 more realistic games I think. I want to see him for 2-0 in those, to be 4-1 in realistic games. 

I think that would be impressive, as your boy who you keep saying was 2-2 despite losing to bears Steelers and other bad teams, struggled to beat teams we were better than. 

I will judge AP more for the games we have a realistic shot, then losing a close game to MiA who I thought was far and away the better team and expected us to lose against. 

does that make sense or no? Anyone who loses to Reid and Mahommes should just be fired?

We didn’t even get over 20 points until pierce became hc. I guess now den, gb and pats look like quality jmdz wins?

• Like 3

Good coaches beat the teams they are better than. 
Unfortunately for the Raiders Reid is a great coach, and KC is a better team than us. 
sucks to admit, but admitting it, will be our first step into actually improving our team. 

kc with Reid should beat the Raiders 9/10 times. 

same for the dolphins this year. 

For us to beat kc, we need to play near perfect and have a couple bounces go our way I think. It’s not something that just great coaching alone will get done. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Good coaches beat the teams they are better than. 
Unfortunately for the Raiders Reid is a great coach, and KC is a better team than us. 
sucks to admit, but admitting it, will be our first step into actually improving our team. 

kc with Reid should beat the Raiders 9/10 times. 

same for the dolphins this year. 

For us to beat kc, we need to play near perfect and have a couple bounces go our way I think. It’s not something that just great coaching alone will get done. 

We start fast vs kc just can’t stay on the gas pedal and can’t stay out our own way. I agree to beat teams like kc all 3 phases of the game need to be clicking. Arguably a perfect game has to be played by us. Not many hc are gonna out coach Reid tho

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We start fast vs kc just can’t stay on the gas pedal and can’t stay out our own way. I agree to beat teams like kc all 3 phases of the game need to be clicking. Arguably a perfect game has to be played by us. Not many hc are gonna out coach Reid tho

Yeah no doubt, I wish we had gone for the 4th and 1… then Carlson missing the kick just made it even worse. 

can understand trying to make it a 3 possession game.. but against kc, in the first half, 3 possession game doesn’t mean much. We know they can score fast. 

40 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He doesn’t have a choice cause we’re so deep into the season he can’t bring in his own guys. Pierce is literally trying to turn your bff jmdz water into wine on the fly. After minn pierce got on bo and changes were made drastic changes. Like I said I wanna see how the year plays out. 

Those drastic changes out of the bye led to a 0 point performance in an L to Nick mullens 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AP truthers when we lose out will he deserve the job?

Making up new hypotheticals because you’ve realized your argument is terrible?

of course not. No one here has even remotely said that. It’s all been let’s see how the season plays out.

another deflection. My man, we gotta get you in our secondary! 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yeah no doubt, I wish we had gone for the 4th and 1… then Carlson missing the kick just made it even worse. 

can understand trying to make it a 3 possession game.. but against kc, in the first half, 3 possession game doesn’t mean much. We know they can score fast. 

Carlson doesn’t miss those either but I can understand arguments for both.

some bogus calls too stalled us like the weak hold on hooper on that jj redzone first down run still stand out to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Those drastic changes out of the bye led to a 0 point performance in an L to Nick mullens 

Have you ever considered that flukes happen one way or another? The 63 point game would be a fluke too in this case, but to act like AP hasn’t done a solid job filling in as interim, with all things considered, is mind blowing. 

• Like 2