Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

So you want him hand selecting his own people and players or a GM to be clear?

Give him full control over the roster, personnel, and his choice of GM after beating DeVito, Wilson, Stick and going 1-3 when we were in playoff contention. That's what any competent organization would do.

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Actually, Hardigree is a John Fox and Adam Gase understudy. 

The same John Fox and Adam Gase that pulled Denver out of the ****show left behind by....you guessed it....Josh McDaniels. 

It's almost as poetic as your hot takes.

Hey, I learned today that Champ Kelly was a Mike Shanahan understudy and still considers him a mentor. We were told he was a Patriot way guy. What gives?!

• Like 1

Never thought I'd see the day someone would be pimping Bo as our OC of the future and potentially the next Sean McVay. Especially considering his mentors are Josh McDaniels and Adam Gase, two guys that both failed tremendously as head coaches, and whose only success in their careers came when they coached Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, arguably the two greatest QBs in NFL history. @ronjon1990

Edited by NYRaider

30 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No I’m saying if you want to hold him responsible for everything he has to have control. Hard to hold him responsible for what jmdz did. 

Does the same thing apply if he wins the next 3? We can say it was because of the coaches and players JMD hired, because he didn't have a hand in them. 

Can't have it both ways. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Does the same thing apply if he wins the next 3? We can say it was because of the coaches and players JMD hired, because he didn't have a hand in them. 

Can't have it both ways. 

Unlike the tank crew in here pierce has to try to win to get the job I’m pretty sure he doesn’t like some of the jmd guys but he doesn’t have a lot of options besides changing qbs, cutting some players. We’re in last qtr of the season he can’t clean house and you know it dude lol come on

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Hey, I learned today that Champ Kelly was a Mike Shanahan understudy and still considers him a mentor. We were told he was a Patriot way guy. What gives?!

Champ was hired by Shanahan as a college scout- a position you've already dismissed as having no role. He held it for 2 seasons prior to becoming a McDaniels guy in higher up positions you've also already dismissed as having zero relevance. Also, nobody ever said he was a Patriot guy (he never worked for the Patriots), but a McDaniels guy- which he largely was. 

Sit back down, kid. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Never thought I'd see the day someone would be pimping Bo as our OC of the future and potentially the next Sean McVay. Especially considering his mentors are Josh McDaniels and Adam Gase, two guys that both failed tremendously as head coaches, and whose only success in their careers came when they coached Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, arguably the two greatest QBs in NFL history. @ronjon1990

Good thing nobody is saying  he should be a HC, then, right? Or have you spent too much time sucking up to BP that you, too, fail to recognize the fundamental difference between an OC and HC? We can hold a refresher course for you, if you want. I'm sure spending the majority of the season pimping your poodle as a franchise QB probably overloaded your sensibility.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can't have it both ways. 

Who is starting and really contributing that JMD brought in that we have any interest in our next HC keeping and building around? Seems like most of our good talent pre-date Josh coming in, and those he brought in aren't expected back in any key roles next year or beyond....