Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

On 9/8/2024 at 6:01 PM, agarcia34 said:

Raiders didn’t miss out on any good HC candidates this past offseason. Ben Johnson stayed. Bobby Slowik stayed. Vrabel will be available. Frank Smith as well. Raiders lost nothing in giving AP a chance. If it fails then you get rid of him and then go after someone else. This time you will have a high draft pick to take a QB. 

I disagree, most of that list is as unknown as AP is. The one coach you didn’t mention is Harbaugh, the guy who out coached AP. The guy has had tremendous success in both College and Pros. He’s also the guy I’d be most comfortable with if the team doesn’t have a franchise quarterback because he knows how to coach guys up. Harbaugh is the retread coach everyone envisions having. 9 times out of ten retreads are bums who weren’t all that great to begin with. I can assure you there won’t be a guy like him in the next cycle. 

• Like 1

I liked Harbaugh but I'm not sure he had any interest in Raiders job. Seemed like he wanted to coach Herbert. We'll never know. Whats disappointing is the Raiders will miss out on both Johnson and Slowik. They will both get head jobs in January and we'll most likely stay with AP no matter what, I can't see Mark firing another coach so soon. Its getting out of control. I don't dislike AP some of his early struggles are normal even some of the best Head Coaches make dumb decisions. I feel like the biggest issue will be Luke Getsy. We'll see how bad it gets on offense but I have very little faith in that guy.

• 2 weeks later...