Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

This definitely give us an "out" as to giving us a different legitimate reason to out AP this year.

"New owner Brady want to give team fresh start using his knowledge and experience" 

sounds a lot better than ... 

"We're a dysfunctional franchise gutting another coach after another year"

Completely agreed. A golden opportunity to clean house on the coaching staff side of things. No issues with keeping Telesco - his first draft seems promising and the Chargers were never really lacking in talent. 

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

This definitely give us an "out" as to giving us a different legitimate reason to out AP this year.

"New owner Brady want to give team fresh start using his knowledge and experience" 

sounds a lot better than ... 

"We're a dysfunctional franchise gutting another coach after another year"

Mark Davis should man up and host a press conference where he apologizes to the fanbase and admits he made the wrong hires. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mark Davis should man up and host a press conference where he apologizes to the fanbase and admits he made the wrong hires. 

Starting to think Telesco and AP are just placeholders until Brady chooses his front office.

Why else would we hire him?

Edited by bucksavage1

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Starting to think Telesco and AP are just placeholders until Brady chooses his front office.

Why else would we hire him?

You think Tom Brady is going to be calling the shots as a 10% minority owner?

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You think Tom Brady is going to be calling the shots as a 10% minority owner?

Yes I do.

10% is a lot. Considering Mark and his Mom only have a combined 47%. 

Edited by bucksavage1

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

People give Telesco credit for drafting Bowers/JGJ/Glaze

However, the coaching staff gets none for getting those players ready to play?

You’ve been all over Telesco ever since the most recent embarrassing loss but now you want to claim AP has made progress with players he picked? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yes I do.

10% is a lot. Considering Mark and his Mom only have a combined 47%. 

Mark still controls the team though, I think Brady will have a strong influence on what we do but ultimately it will be Mark making the final call on any big decisions. And to be honest I think he already has had a large influence on things that we've done. He has been close to the team for a while now and I believe he co-owns the Aces as well. 

I wasn't really sure about the entire thing but I like it now. A lot of people didn't think it was going to happen because of his job at Fox. And he was willing to sacrifice being in meetings with coaches / attend practices, etc. during his weekly prep so that he could be an owner with us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

You’ve been all over Telesco ever since the most recent embarrassing loss but now you want to claim AP has made progress with players he picked? 

The coaching staff gets no credit for having the rookies developed ready to play?

I think Brady will be a heavy influence on Mark. Marks been dying to have football people in the room that he can trust. Tom’s that guy now, no guarantee he’ll be more successful, but I’ll believe he’ll listen. 

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

The front office gets no credit for having supplied the rookies that are achieving?

I don't think either one deserves credit, we're 2-4. At this point it's becoming more about who deserves the blame for the team being mid.