2023 GDT Week #10 Steelers 5-3 host the 3-5 Packers

Steeler Hitman

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it's both.  He's working so much to protect the ball that he doesn't have the confidence in making the throw when he needs to.  While he hasn't done well in his own development, the way we've made him develop has been terrible. I just think back to Ben's development: run the ball, PA pass, split the field in half, give him vertical reads.  Contrast that with Kenny's development: broken run game, no PA movement, spread the field right to left, individual routes with no depth to reads.

But now the run game is working.  More PA.  More under center. but even then, he is too hesitant to throw to a single coverage.  Some play calling but KP is a big problem in the passing game.  He is still throwing most of the time rather than passing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

But now the run game is working.  More PA.  More under center. but even then, he is too hesitant to throw to a single coverage.  Some play calling but KP is a big problem in the passing game.  He is still throwing most of the time rather than passing.

I'm not denying that....

Heck, personally I think the damage is done with Kenny.  We've already screwed up his development.  He may have had a low ceiling to start with (which is why I didn't want to draft him TBH) but we made it even lower by putting so much on his shoulders so fast.

39 minutes ago, warfelg said:

that along with the field position can help us make some sense of being outgained in every game yet still winning.  Not what teams strive for and not what fans are used to watching or want to watch either.  Much different and taking some getting used to 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Makes total sense.  They do not give the ball away and are ( I think) +13 in takeaways.  If they do not give the ball away no one is scoring points on the turnovers.  Or their turnovers are not resulting in points ( often).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Makes total sense.  They do not give the ball away and are ( I think) +13 in takeaways.  If they do not give the ball away no one is scoring points on the turnovers.  Or their turnovers are not resulting in points ( often).

once upon a time this was called playoff football .  There was a time that the winner of the TO battle won the game. 

the defence allows yards but nowhere near the points relatively speaking (31st vs 13th IIRC) , more of a bend but don't break approach currently. 

it's taking some getting used to,  not sure if I will. Most of all, if the run game and OL is legit, I can watch that anyways and then wait for the 4th quarter to see how the game ends. 

would you say the TO ratio is more important than total TO's?  High TO numbers are nice for the defences stat sheet but are not as valuable if the offence gives it away and results in bad field position.